87 Windsor Wincheater 17 1/2 ft pop top ......any good ???

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 19, 2012 at 22:52
ThreadID: 96976 Views:1949 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anybody had or has one of these vans, if so what problems have they had and what do i look for, yes it is an old van, we just want a "weekender" so dont want to spend much money, it has 3 single bunks and a double so makes it good for us n the kids .........
Ta,
Joe, Mel n kids
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:08

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:08
Joe,Mel & Kids Hi,
Don't know that particular van,should be ok at the right price. One thing to consider is that corrugations will have a fairly significant effect on the roof, a large flat area with limited support !!!! As the roof sags water ponds in the middle where there are joins (Except most later models) Then leaks occur.

Regards Mike.
AnswerID: 491293

Reply By: Member - Andrew L (QLD) - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 14:19

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 14:19
I had 1 of them, was ok for what it was. I made a few $G's on it as well.

One thing to remember, many of that model had vertical windows, sliding windows.

They are not ideal in a caravan, soon as it rains, you must shut them.

Watch out for wood rot inside the wheel arches, they were timber ply in my model, check for timber rot and staining either end as well, look inside the cupboards.
AnswerID: 491305

Reply By: Axle - Saturday, Jul 21, 2012 at 16:33

Saturday, Jul 21, 2012 at 16:33
G/Day mate, I had a tandem windsor pop top around that size, Great chassis and supension,!!......But in my opinion the rest of it was absolute crap!, to many areas for major water leaks, Very sparse with there timber spacings in the walls,,,,,,Nope Evernew or Millard in the same year models where a better van, don't go on price alone,...
AnswerID: 491373

Sponsored Links