Vms for LC200

Submitted: Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 06:32
ThreadID: 96979 Views:2304 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has experience with a vms 7558 head unit in the 200 series land cruiser? As I am looking to bight the bullet and replace the origal Toyota gps unit! Have herd both good and bad reviews, so just wondering if anyone has any more advice for me!

Cheers Travis
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - GregK5202 Qld - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:54

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:54
Sorry, only spelling help. Bight is a big bay, bite uses the mouth. Ears are used for hearing, therefore 'ear' is in heard. Herd is a group of cows.

Sorry, a teacher finds it hard to totally retire.

Greg K.
AnswerID: 491295

Follow Up By: Ross M - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:34

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:34
Well done Greg.
Or bulls, don't forget the bull.
We all amke mistakes at times wif thu spaling.

Seriously, I wouldn't upgrade an indash unit. There are plenty of good multi purpose, portable ones around which don't cost the earth.
If you drive everywhere and never walk or go in another vehicle, then it might be seem an option.
FollowupID: 766773

Reply By: olcoolone - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 23:43

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 23:43
I'm sure there units are good but customer support is lacking....

Tried to get hold of them this morning (Friday 20/07/2012) with a technical question non of there dealers could help me with (found a far few dealers listed on there web site who are not dealers any more)...... all they offer is email addresses for this and that but no direct phone number.

Got a nice auto generated email saying "This is an automated response from VMS to acknowledge that we have received your request for help. Thank you very much for your inquiry. You should be hearing back from our staff shortly. We respond to requests in the order that they are received. Most emails receive a response within 24 hours. (our office hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST)."

Whats the point of putting office hours in if you can't contact them.

Still no reply (11.00pm) ..... I think I would be very ticked off if I had a problem with one of their units and I had no option but to wait until I got a email 2 to 3 days later.

May be a great unit but with poor customer service...... would I buy one..... probably not.

And most of there dealers are sales people with no idea.

Why is I can deal with an overseas company and get a reply within that day and I have an option to phone them if needed.

No wonder the cheap eBay units are so popular..... at east they are quick to respond.
AnswerID: 491342

Follow Up By: olcoolone - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 23:48

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 23:48
Further to my above rant.... this is from there web site.

"Thanks for your enquiry. VMS have chosen to handle all our consumer support via email as this is the most efficient method to respond to an enquiry. We have large volumes of enquiries and due to the complexity can be quite time consuming resulting in significant delays on hold & responding via phone.

If you have any enquiries in relation to our products please email support@vms4x4.com

Alternatively, if you currently don't have access to email, please contact your local VMS dealer, as they will be able to email our support team on your behalf if they are unable to answer your question."

Looks like there dealers have no option as well but to email and wait....
FollowupID: 766814

Sponsored Links