solar camper

HI CREW, PUTTING THINGS TOGETHER FOR A 2/3 MONTH CAMPING TRIP. ALLOY BACK BEING MADE FOR BACK OF DAUL CAB,& WILL BE DETACHABLE ON LEGS, FOR LONGER PERIODS OF CAMPING, IT WILL BE LOCKABLE,, I WILL BE RUNNING 2/40LT ENGELS. 1 ON FREEZE, THE OTHER ON FRIDGE. THINKING I WILL HAVE TWO BATTERYS IN THE REAR IN A SUITABLE PLASTIC BOXES. CHARGED FROM ENGINE & GENERATOR. I HAVE ALSO BOUGHT A 240WATT SOLAR PANEL TO HOPEFULLY RUN THINGS THROUGH THE DAY. 2 QUESTIONS I HAVE , WILL BATTERYS BE OK IN REAR,WITH ALL OTHER CAMPING GEAR, BATTERY CHARGER OR REGULATOR. OR DO I NEED TO RETHINK MY IDEAS,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Brian S10 - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 07:39

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 07:39
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The For Sale/Wanted to Buy Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 491273

Reply By: Geoff in SA - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 07:49

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 07:49
Hi Ray T1

sounds like a great idea
One thing worth remembering is that an alloy box will hold heat on a warm day and together with the fridges etc will get pretty warm inside.
as a result it will cause the fridges to become very inefficient, as in not cool

I suggest some form of fan cooling or heat removal.
I had a similar situation on a cab chassis I had.
Too hot inside for the fridge to work properly.

To solve I added 2 wirlybirds to the rear and had 2 inlest on the front.
The inlets were piped to the side of the fridges to force air into the evaporators.
To stop dust and rain etc I ran some drainage tube with slots alond the front of a roof bar and joined this to inlets via flanges and flexy tubing.
was 50mm stuff

Its an idea

R
Geoff
AnswerID: 491276

Follow Up By: Janos K - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 15:23

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 15:23
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Advertising/Self-Promotion Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 766780

Follow Up By: Janos K - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 15:57

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 15:57
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Advertising/Self-Promotion Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 766786

Sponsored Links