Trek Notes

Submitted: Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 09:29
ThreadID: 96983 Views:1689 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi All at Exploroz,

I have been a member for a few years and just want to congratulate you on the professional development of the Exploroz site.

I have used the trek notes a lot when planning our various adventures and always receive valuable information when using them. As I do check if the Trek Notes have been updated I was wondering if a some sort of notation (like a line in the margin adjacent to the changes) could be introduced so you can easily see where the last amendments were made and if they are significant.

The next trip we have planned is to the Kimberley area in October (would like it to have been earlier but work commitments dictate this timing).

We live in Wollongong so will be officially starting our trek in Adelaide (will bring the 4WD/camper over to Adelaide the weekend before we are due to start holidays then fly back to work the last week before starting leave, when we fly back to Adelaide. I do this because we only have 29 day as I must be back for meetings).

Our plan at this stage is to travel via Coober Pedy, Alice Springs, Tanami, Gibb River Road, Lake Argyle, Bungles the back the Tanami to Alice Spring finishing at Adelaide. Quite a lot to see (and we wont see everything) but hoping that about 2 1/2 weeks doing GRR will be a good first introduction.

Anyway, again congratulations on a first class and informative site!

Kind regards
Bob & Di
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 13:42

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 13:42
thanks Bob, great to hear you continue to enjoy the site. Sounds like a great trip - hope all goes well for you....

remember to:
1. add travellers comments to road conditions often
2. upload user treks for specific sections if you are tracking your trip
3. upload photos to Places for points of interests, camps etc. Everywhere you can!
4. add comments and especially reviews for all your campsites and caravan park visits - in Places. This is so appreciated by others and a part of the site we are really encouraging people to use.
5. write blogs about your trip too to keep your family/friends ExplorOz buddies informed and jealous! - you can even write/send them from the bush using the mobile/email option.
6. add reviews to the shop for any maps/books you've used to let others know if they were accurate/useful etc

Cheers, Michelle

ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 491301

Reply By: Sigmund - Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 15:44

Friday, Jul 20, 2012 at 15:44
+1 to the quality and richness of this site.

Just brilliant, and without equal.
AnswerID: 491312

Reply By: f/m c - Saturday, Jul 21, 2012 at 19:27

Saturday, Jul 21, 2012 at 19:27
good trip best of luck . gazelle infinity caravan 2000 any information on same from all you good people
AnswerID: 491381

Sponsored Links