Carrarang and Tamala stations

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:43
ThreadID: 97012 Views:7184 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G-day has anybody been into Tamala and Carrarand stations to camp before ?>
What are the sites like do you need to be self sufficient with water ect
How do you book and whats it like getting into the camping areas .
Cheers happy travels.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Upo - Sunday, Jul 22, 2012 at 17:45

Sunday, Jul 22, 2012 at 17:45
Hi Duane
We spent a week at Tamala a few years ago. I think the place we stayed was Shelly Beach. Would be a great spot in good weather which we did not have. Good spot for your dinghy. You do have to be fully self sufficient but there was water available from a water tank not too far away. Sorry I don't have the contact number any more but shouldn't be too hard to find. I'd go there again given the chance.
Regards Upo.
AnswerID: 491424

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Sunday, Jul 22, 2012 at 17:50

Sunday, Jul 22, 2012 at 17:50
Hi Duane I camped at Tamala Stn - on the beach, just before Easter. Fan-bloody-tastic. Beach is about 2km down the track off the Useless Loop Rd. A black poly pipe runs from a water source up by the road so by the time it gets to the tap down by the beach you've got hot water. You would need to phone the station and then get the key off them to access the track down to the beach.

Beach is hard enough to camp on. Water crystal clear and full of schnapper, which unfortunately for me were all just that little bit under sized, and I caught a stack of them. Caught a couple of huge long tom though and other fish. Excellent spot for kids as well.

We copped a real purple patch with the weather as well, little to no wind and high 20's low 30's.

At night the sting rays and turtles ventured close to shore and it was good fun spot lighting for them.

BTW the track into Steep Point was crap. 2 off my spotties fell out oftheir mounts and lost one completely. Also lost a bolt out of a bash plate. Couple of others in the group lost UHF aerials and another bash plate came loose.

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 491425

Reply By: Member - Duane A (WA) - Sunday, Jul 22, 2012 at 23:33

Sunday, Jul 22, 2012 at 23:33
Thanks fellas sounds like another slice of west ozzy heaven regards.
AnswerID: 491457

Reply By: Johnhu - Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:10

Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:10
Details for Tamala are on their website. http://www.tamala.com.au

Great place to stay if the wether is good.

John
AnswerID: 491472

Reply By: Coenen N & G (WA) - Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 16:56

Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 16:56
Great place and great people, quiet and peaceful - no waves even! Email through their website as already shown. Yes, need your own drinking water and porta loo etc.
several spots to choose from. We are off there in a couple of weeks for a two week stay. Dont care what the weather is like, just love the solitude of our own private beach! If you have dingy or canoe, take it.
AnswerID: 491500

Sponsored Links