Toyota with 12HT

Submitted: Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:02
ThreadID: 97033 Views:2740 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Ive just fully rebuilt my old hj61 yes all new can any one tell me are all those odd vacum lines important for any reason I now one is shut down but a cable is more reliable and one is fast ideal for AC but I have no AC a window is just as good any one know how many I can throw away and yes Ive gone over my electrics and removed any thing not important or rewired it onto a second isolated battery with a solar panel on roof for power
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Serendipity(WA) - Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 21:35

Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 21:35
Jack

I use to have a 12HT motor in my old cruiser - ute. Great motor. Any way I think you have just about covered it. I had the vacuum hose for shut down and another one for fast idle when using my A/c but nothing else. If you have a cable for shut down because it just pulls the air intake butterfly closed then that will work as well.

You probably don't need any vacuum lines then.

Look after these motors and they will go a long time.

Cheers

Serendipity

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 491521

Follow Up By: Jack D - Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 22:00

Monday, Jul 23, 2012 at 22:00
yes though I found there is 2 parts to shut down the butterfly and fuel at the back of the pump so instead of sorting the new wiring needed Im running a vacuum line to the dash and adding just a push pull valve so both are shut down at once and it keeps my electrics simple
This should when finished be a very nice rig yes it was a 12ht 4 liter but at rebuild we found it had a Hino Crank/conrods giving it a stroke of 105mm and I had it bored for 92mm pistons so add a new slightly larger turbo and she should go very well with a 3inch system and 10psi of boost and yes this will be 4.2 liter
FollowupID: 767018

Sponsored Links