Review: Globalsat BU-353 Mouse GPS

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 1/5

great delivery, packaging etc of BU-353 mouse GPS
Cannot get it to recognise whatsoever any port on either notebook using windows 7 or laptop with windows Vista
even IT smart teacher brother admitted failure after lots of trying - any suggestions?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Tuesday, Jul 24, 2012 at 15:27

Tuesday, Jul 24, 2012 at 15:27
Hi John,

Have you read the step by step instructions on how to do this, please see below:

COM PORT VERIFICATION
1. Once your USB Driver has been installed, you will need to confirm which COM Port your PC has assigned to it in order to properly configure any software that will be utilizing the GPS data being received.
2. Your USB GPS MUST be plugged into your USB port at this time.
3. Using Window’s Control Panel, select System > Hardware > Device Manager
4. Then look under the heading of: PORTS (Com & LPT)
5. There should be a listing for: Prolific Serial-to-USB Comm Port (COM x)
(“x” will actually be the number your PC has assigned the USB GPS receiver).
6. Once you have identified the COM port number, any software that you utilize must be configured to read GPS data from this COM port.

We strongly suggest that you first test your USB GPS with the included GPS Info utility program to confirm that the GPS receiver if functioning properly on your PC and that you have successfully configured the right COM Port setting. Once this has been done, close the GPS Info program and start your application for COM port configuration.

NOTE: By default, your PC will not allow you to run multiple applications from a single COM port. It is important that you close any previously opened GPS application before switching to another GPS application as the GPS receiver and data will not be found by the new program.
There are special utilities available to split data into multiple COM ports for use by more than one
application simultaneously. (see: http://franson.com/gpsgate/ )
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 491569

Sponsored Links