Reliable freight company - USA to Australia

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 15:32
ThreadID: 97080 Views:2120 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone recommend a reliable sea freight company ? I wish to ship a rather heavy item from the usa to Perth in WA.

I have trawled the net but the results are mind boggling, by far the best way is by recommendation IMO.

TNT and Fedex are out due to cost.

It has to come by sea due to size and weight. Its not an RV or car. and will be in a crate.

It will need to be picked up from the manufacturer in Phoenix Arizona, shipped, and come to Freemantle where I can arrange pick up.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 17:27

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 17:27
I bring stuff in from the US all the time but the guy that does it at the US end is a friend and we put it through his employers shipping account. Plus I'm in NSW so who I use isn't any good to you anyway.
Will the manufacturer ship all the way to Oz? Or only by fedex etc?
You would be best to get the manufacturer to ship it to the west coast either SF or LA to your shipper of choice. Most will do that within the US, many also have pretty reasonable rates within the US, also many think the world doesn't exist outside their borders.
I would approach shipping agents in Fremantle/Perth and see if they will organise it for you, shouldn't be too hard.
Of find someone locally that imports stuff and see if you can put it in an incoming container
AnswerID: 491661

Reply By: Lyn W3 - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 17:56

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 17:56
we use the following company and have found their service good and are competitively priced, they are based in Los Angeles but will arrange shipping from Phoenix.

If you look up their website you can get a quote.

Aseyeh "Nazy" Nayebzadeh

Int'l FCL Export Agent

Ph: (310) 669-8888, Ext. 1277

Fx: (310)-747-9428

Email: Nazy.Nayebzadeh@dhx.com

AnswerID: 491664

Reply By: hazo - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 13:28

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 13:28
Thanks for the replies, with send some emails.
AnswerID: 491705

Sponsored Links