Need a camp spot sth of Townsville

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 20:20
ThreadID: 97086 Views:2028 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys, we are in an offroad CT, heading north from Airlie Beach tomorrow. We don't want to go as far as Townsville in a day. Has anyone got any recommendations for a good place to stay?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bill f (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:03

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:03
Hi, May be a bit late. Did not stay there but liked the look of it & is on our list to go back to. No. 48 Q'ld Camps 5. "Funny Dunny" or correctly "Wunjuna Township" On the right about 5 lm south of Inkerman. Sandy primitive c'van park but seemed to be places to camp also. Boat ramp at Inkerman has a toilet & nothing else. Little shade & think the sandies & mozzies could be bad
Could also try c'van park at Molongle Ck.Rest area at Guthalungra. Bush camp at the mouth of the Barratta's. The mouth of the Haughton has large flat car park & places to bush camp. No facillities. Again sandflies & mozzies might be an issue.
Most c'van parks are usually full of southerners up for the winter. Bill
AnswerID: 491690

Reply By: J & Me - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:22

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:22
We spent a day & night at HOME HILL comfort stop Aug 2011. Free camp, - clean facilities - hot showers - undercover BBQ - kitchen sinks - tables. Easy parking, pull up in the street near the info centre.
Great little town supermarkets, pubs etc.. Interesting gallery telling story of the bridge over Burdekin River with old photos of floods before the bridge was erected.
Only thing missing was the ear plugs, cane trains ran ALL NIGHT, road trains parked nearby off & on all night.
Good clean park but noises.
Have a good trip.
AnswerID: 491692

Follow Up By: Member - bill f (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 16:35

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 16:35
My brother works in Home Hill & tells me that the comfort stop is always pretty crowded this tme of year. Bill
FollowupID: 767261

Sponsored Links