Walking the Savannah Way

Submitted: Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:22
ThreadID: 97115 Views:1459 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know about the person currently walking the Savannah Way. I drive the section from Cairns to Normanton regularly and have seen person walking along for the last couple of weeks. Last sighted near Gilbert River. If you have seen this person - or better still have photos, etc. upload them.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 17:28

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 17:28
Peter,

Don't know about anyone doing that walk, but while I was still driving between Longreach and Barkly Homestead, there was a bloke walking east along the Barkly Highway.

I'd see him on the return trip, during the day, and he was pushing a little hand cart. First saw him about 25-30 kn east of Barkly H'stead, then 4 days later, would see hime a bit further east.

Probably the 3rd, or 4th time I saw him was at night, in the ridges just east of Yelvertoft station turnoff. It would have been about 8 or 9pm, and he was hooking in, with a LED or similar light on his cart. Don't think I saw him after that, as I stopped driving at Easter.

Could be the same bloke, looked about 25-35 y.o. and had some writing on his cart, but went past too quick to read it.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 491785

Sponsored Links