New Caravan

Submitted: Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 23:04
ThreadID: 97167 Views:2260 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Well I finally have it the new caravan and the Manageress of War and Finances is happy with it so all is well .Had a couple of problems one being with the waste water pipe from the shower the other with the shower leaking, some one forgot to put silicon under the shower door frame. But after a short talk on the phone permission was given to fix this myselfImage Could Not Be Found Image Could Not Be Found
Terry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bucky - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 03:28

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 03:28
Nice !
AnswerID: 491958

Follow Up By: Member - Arsenal Phill - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 07:54

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 07:54
Loooking good.
Hope you're as excited as we were
FollowupID: 767586

Reply By: member - mazcan - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:04

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:04
hi terry
finding a problem so soon regarding lack of silicon all be it in the shower area and fixable by you
would make me go check other areas such as around the rear light asemblies window frames and hatches etc as if the same person did or was suppose to do the silicon applications they too may not have been done and down the track
and outside your warranty period you may suddenly find your beloved purchase with bad wood rot or mould problems

its on the new assembly line where initialy this problem begins caused by slack assemblers and lack of a good overseerer
qualitity control is quiet often based on the trust of the company boss in his staff to do the right thing
and you have already discovered a failure in that trust
so hence my very strong suggestion that you have a good look around some external fittings to see if proper sealing has been done because the rear lights are mounted high up
if they leak the ingrees of water can go to the lowest erea around the floor and internal wardrobes etc and cause a lot of damage
i'm not scare mongering or trying to dampen your joy in the new purchase but just putting you on gard as i have had to repair a couple af vans due to leaks around lights and window frames and it is very common particuly with some new vans in the not too distance pasti was talking to a coulpe at easter time their new van had above problems
there are dozens of poeple will tell you its not just old vans that are subjected to that problem
selleys butyl mastic is your leak sealing friend in a tube
i sincerely hope you dont find any more problems and are able to enjoy trouble free holidays cheers and happy travelling
AnswerID: 491973

Follow Up By: Mad Habits - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:39

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:39
From experience you always find some things overlooked when you buy a NEW car, boat, or VAN/5th wheeler, it's not a big deal as it's expected.

Poor Terry when his financial controller reads that, she'll be on his back all week, I think you stopped short of saying "factory second" & "independent assessor's report"
Maybe Terry should go and buy a nice shiny new one:-)
FollowupID: 767602

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Friday, Aug 03, 2012 at 11:19

Friday, Aug 03, 2012 at 11:19
hi mad habits
my understanding of the thread is that the van is a brand new one
FollowupID: 767798

Follow Up By: Mad Habits - Friday, Aug 03, 2012 at 12:10

Friday, Aug 03, 2012 at 12:10
see the :-) smile after shiny new one that shows I was joking I know it was aa new one.
Cheers!
FollowupID: 767800

Sponsored Links