Buying a caravan in QLD ......

Hi all,
I have been doing some searching about the "needs" to buy a caravan in QLD and the "REVS" check is a main point but as some have said it may be a "re-birthed" van, so to cover myself how do i find out if it is a re-birthed van ???? ........
Also i am told it is from SA and it can not be transfered to QLD, is this correct ???
Also how do i get gas and electricial "plates" fitted if it has none, it is from SA.
Cheers
Joe
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 13:00

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 13:00
You can register any vehicle, caravan, trailer etc in any state, regardless of which state it is purchased in, PROVIDING it meets all state legaslative requirements... eg. gas compliance etc...

It will have to inspected by an authorised person etc... can't help with who, as I am not a Qldér.... go to your local rego place and ask all your questions.... is probably the best way.

regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 492021

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 15:01

Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 15:01
Thanks Fred, we dont have any close to us, about 400klms away, so it makes it hard eh but have gotton some good info now..
Cheers
FollowupID: 767729

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 15:54

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 15:54
Hi Joe,
I would assume each state would have a REVS office and perhaps a register of written off vehicles.

You could ring your insurance companies office in the state your were looking at the van in and ask if there is a "Written off" register in that state and if so where could you get info on it. Or perhaps ask your insurance company to check for you. Might work.

Just did a quick search on Google and came up with the following

South AustraliaQueenslandNSW

That is the best I can offer Joe.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 492028

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 21:57

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 21:57
Gday Joe
To find out about your van you will now have to ask the new registry for vehicles in Australia. It is called PPSR or Personal Property and Securitys Register. Pay your $3.70 and ask all the questions in all the boxes. The best way is to find someone that is registered and will do it for you. Put in google PPSR and follow the prompts.

Good luck with the van.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 492041

Reply By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 00:12

Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 00:12
thanks for the replys all,
I have done the REVS check and all is good so will o
AnswerID: 492046

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 00:13

Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 00:13
sorry guys it jammed up ... will get back soon
FollowupID: 767694

Follow Up By: ao767brad - Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 20:43

Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 20:43
Joe, go have a chat to the coppers there in Domagee, some of the nicest guys and girls i met in the NT were the local police officers in communities. They are usually happy to chat about something other than drunk indigenous folk fighting with tristar pickets. They will be able to enighten you and there will be someone nearby who can do the interstate rego check and you can get a permit if you need it to drive the van home. Outback rego checks and the requirements around them are a lot different than in the big smoke, more towards safety than all the dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Local police normally do rego and licencing on one day a week. Brad
FollowupID: 767754

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 23:23

Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 23:23
Hi Brad, done that now, we have done the revs check and all ok, was a bit messy as they had not transferred it from the people they had brought it from, so far so good and it looks like we will buy it .... we get on well with the coppers here so that is a good start eh..
Cheers Brad and thanks
FollowupID: 767773

Sponsored Links