hilux suspention upgrade

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004 at 21:28
ThreadID: 9723 Views:1833 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there all.
I have a new hilux dual cab ute and would like to upgrade the suspention. Theres a lot of mods out there but this is directed to guy or gals who have done it to there lux. I will be mostly be towing a boat and gear on gravel roads or just loading up the back and going bush. not planing on any rock climbing senarios so just something good and reliable.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated
cheers hilux (steve)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rowler - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004 at 21:37

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004 at 21:37
Have a look at this site, http://www.pps.net.au/skips4x4/index.htm
Skips 4x4 page, he has done a hilux too & you can email him with questions too if you like

Cheers Rowler (dave)
AnswerID: 42865

Reply By: Member - Luxoluk - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004 at 22:20

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004 at 22:20
I wish you well in your choices as there's much available and many claims being made. If you follow the "KISS" principle then you will probably take a more incremental approach over time. For my TD sr5 I have only fitted OME shocks as the standard ones were somewhat inadequate in coping with the compression challenges on the French line. Probably going too fast at times but some woopydoos are hard to see. The OME shocks coped with the Gunbarrel really well. The torsion bar set up is probably on the light side but if you try to pre-empt trouble you can generally overcome the limitations. I have done lots of Vic high country travel and have seldom had a problem getting past many obsticles so I would suggest jacking the vehicle up is probably unwarranted given yuor described use. What you have already is a very capable unit and darn good tow vehicle. Just don't load up 5th gear when towing...talk to your dealer about this if you have concerns. CheersButcher Country Track - Vic
AnswerID: 42870

Reply By: mik*2 - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004 at 22:58

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004 at 22:58
do you reckon these mods would void the manufacturer warranty? I want to do some things to my Navara but am a tad worried nissan will get upset and refuse any claims if there is one...

cheers
mike
AnswerID: 42876

Follow Up By: Member - Raymond - Wednesday, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:43

Wednesday, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:43
Hi Mike
I have a GU with modified suspension, new springs (higher rating), Kini shocks and Polyairs to carry the camper and the dealer is quite happy with it and no warrantee problems. They will not carry the warrantee on the springs, shocks or Polyairs but they are covered with the manufactures warrantee. Had a claim on plyairs and they were fixed immediately. The only restriction from the Dealer was that the springs could be go any larger without us altering the bump stops as the coils would have collapse down to become solid before the dump stops hit which is one of the reason that the coil spring holder tops bend and break
Raywanderin' in retirement. victor 2010
FollowupID: 305195

Sponsored Links