Accommodation in Tibooburra & Innamincka

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 17:40
ThreadID: 97254 Views:2422 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, we are planning a trip via Tibooburra & Innamincka in the near future & wondering if anyone has any recommendation's on Pub or Cabin accommodation in these places, many thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RobAck - Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 17:45

Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 17:45
The caravan park at Tibooburra is well run and quite nice but it all depends on your expectations of the bush I guess. We reckon it's pretty good

Innamincka has the town common for bush camping and the pub. The pub staff are very friendly and food is good as well. It sounds as if you are not camping so I suggest a call to both would be appropriate to organise something

Regards

Rob
AnswerID: 492236

Reply By: Member - Burra - Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 22:07

Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 22:07
Tibooburra has quite a few options for the outback there are the pubs and as stated the caravan park which if I remember the motel is attached too which is quite good.

However, Innamincka does not really have much accommodation the pub does have a few rooms and you will need to book well inadvance, since I'm a camper don't know wht they are like. But swimming is great in the creek nearly all year round.
AnswerID: 492254

Reply By: the_fitzroys - Sunday, Aug 05, 2012 at 00:10

Sunday, Aug 05, 2012 at 00:10
We stayed at the Tibooburra Hotel known as the "two storey", one of the two pubs in Tibooburra. There are rooms out the back that look a bit like portables but we stayed upstairs in the old part. Nothing fancy but clean enough. We really like Tib. We intended staying a night just for a hot shower/cooked meal stop but ended up needing some mechanical repairs - Thank you, Corner Store! A terrific place.
Lou
AnswerID: 492258

Reply By: Member - silvwayne - Sunday, Aug 05, 2012 at 06:18

Sunday, Aug 05, 2012 at 06:18
Hi Allan!

As mentioned there is motel style accomodation at the caravan park, and hotel rooms at the two storey. There is also motel rooms at the family hotel, very basic but it is the bush. Was there last sunday and noticed a new building and believe it to be the tibooburra beds, http://www.tibooburrabeds.com.au. It looks quiet good. There is also accomodation at Packsaddle on the way up from Broken Hill.
Wayne
AnswerID: 492261

Follow Up By: Member - Allan L2 - Sunday, Aug 05, 2012 at 08:47

Sunday, Aug 05, 2012 at 08:47
Thanks for the input. Basic pub or cabins are what we want. Had planned to do the trip earlier in the season & include some camping. Due to a health problem the trip had to be postponed & now have decided to give the camping a miss. Wish to head off early September, I had better start bookings this week.
FollowupID: 767936

Reply By: Rick (S.A.) - Tuesday, Aug 07, 2012 at 19:01

Tuesday, Aug 07, 2012 at 19:01
there is a homestay in Innamincka. Very nice people. Can't recall the establishment's name.

two pubs in the 'Boob to choose from +, as mentioned by others, a caravan park. I hear the host there is very friendly & diligent.

Cheers
AnswerID: 492481

Sponsored Links