leaking window

Submitted: Friday, Aug 10, 2012 at 20:56
ThreadID: 97364 Views:2076 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone,
Some of you may recall we wrote at the beginning of June regarding a broken chasis and leaking roof on our newly purchased 1988 Viscount Aerolite Pop top. With the help of your advice and tips we have repaired the chassis, and resealed the roof with sikaflex. The chassis is now strong enough to go anywhere and the roof has withstood a lot of heavy rain in the last few weeks with no leaks Yeah!!! but.... the front window still leaks the benchtop below the window is quite badly damaged from the leak. Tony has taken the window out resealed with sikaflex and put back in but it is still leaking on one side. Next step we are thinking is to replace the rubber around the window.
Any ideas folks.
Warmest regards Judes and Bazz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: member - mazcan - Saturday, Aug 11, 2012 at 16:18

Saturday, Aug 11, 2012 at 16:18
hi judes and bazz
thats the next thing to do and about the only thing you can do and from experience i think you will find she'll be right mate after that the rubber seals arent expensive and should fix the niggling problem its a relatively easy job just use some detergent on the seal while installing it make it slide into place better
camec or the like will have the seals
cheers
AnswerID: 492710

Reply By: john j3 - Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:20

Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:20
G'Day Judes & Bazz
Two years ago while at Mission beach QLD, with three days of rain I also had a leak in a window which I could not eliminate, I was also going to take out window but a seasoned vanner who was seeing me in the rain trying to find the leak advised me to purchase a tube of silicon which can be used in the wet, and to put a dab on each of the screws securing the window to the van, PRESTO the leak was stopped and even though it continued raining on and off back to Melbourne never leaked any more.
might be a cheap way to resolve ???
Best Regards
Johnny
AnswerID: 492757

Sponsored Links