help: 2002 rodeo a/c heater fan?

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 11, 2012 at 20:29
ThreadID: 97374 Views:2793 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hello all,
i have a 2002 d/cab holden rodeo t/d.
up until 2 weeks ago never really had a problem with it.
the a/c heater fan when switched on inside the car was making a continous tick tick tick tick noise. i didnt think much of it.
a week ago the fan stopped working completely on all settings from low to high.
a few days later whilst trying to warm up i thought i would check to see if it was working, well it was.....
it has now worked for a week and the other morning whilst warming the old girl up before going to work i walked out to get in a nice warm car & found it had stopped working again... it was working when i started the car.
has anyone had any similar problems?
if so, how can i fix it & is it a complexed job that should be left to a mechanic or is it a auto elec job?
any help / advice would be appreciated?
thanks,
andrew.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Saturday, Aug 11, 2012 at 22:55

Saturday, Aug 11, 2012 at 22:55
The tick tick sound is usualy something touching or jammed in the fan blades. This may cause extra load on the motor and possibly cause it to stall or run slow and not want to start. It mat have a thermo overload and that would then open and stop it running.
You should be able to unplug the wires and remove the screws, usually 3, and drop the fan down and out of the air chamber. This will allow you to clean out the fan and check the motors operation with the wires plugged back on. Don't get your fingers near fan and make sure the motor is held securely when turning the fan on to test it. They will buck a bit. Good at carving skin if contact is made.

All situated on LHS under glove box area.
AnswerID: 492730

Follow Up By: asmithy - Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 09:20

Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 09:20
thanks heaps Ross M, i will give it a go!
i will let you know how i go...... have a great day!
:)
FollowupID: 768379

Sponsored Links