Tool body canopy

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 21:38
ThreadID: 97391 Views:3040 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Gday,
Thinking of removing tub off my Navara dual cab and replacing with tool body canopy with floor and 2 side doors.
Are the aluminium ones strong enough to handle average wear and tear. Don't do much off road but tow 2.8 t van.
Have looked at M2O canopies on ebay - seem pretty good value. Anybody dealt with them?
Furthermore allowing for the difference in chassis rail width, is it possible to keep the canopy and transfer to a new vehicle. Would love to upgrade to new BT 50..but finding it hard to justify the differential in price!!
Had my Navara advertised for 3 mths, priced comparable to others on Carpoint- zero enquiries. I suppose it just reinforces the fact that money is tight at present.
Cheers,
Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: member - mazcan - Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 23:09

Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 23:09
hi
www.bigbox.com.au is another brand
AnswerID: 492795

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:02

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:02
Ian,

I'm about to order a canopy/camper, from Top Form Campers, in Maryborough Qld. They are similar to what you want, and they do trays as well. I went in to see them in April, and their product is well made, and very practical. The following photos aren't the best, but will give you an idea.

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Think a basic camper starts under $8K

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 492805

Follow Up By: Cyberess - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 16:30

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 16:30
That's one cool looking canopy -- looks like it's going to be high though, when I had mine made it was made the same hight as the cabin, and I would also skip the glass, as there is absolutely no need for glass, particularly with reverse cameras being available, and another prob with glass it can be smashed with a rock or a stone bouncing off a trailer or a caravan being towed.

Cheers
FollowupID: 768596

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 20:21

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 20:21
Yeah, it looks pretty good, eh. Belongs to the owner of the establishment. If it were mine, it'd be white, to match my ute.

Take your point about the glass, but if one is sleeping in it, you'd need some ventilation with the door shut. Even on a minus whatever degree morning in the Alice. As for some creep breaking the glass, they'd need long arms to pinch anything. With rock damage, there's plenty of clear films available now that would almost stop this happening.

That canopy of yours should do the job, eh. Very tidy! Get some CT-18 Truckwash, if you need to clean the red dust/mud off that chequerplate. Hard as to clean, and even harder to make it immaculate. Chemtech also make an Aluminium cleaner too, think it might be Ali-Brite???

Enjoy mate,

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 768613

Reply By: Cyberess - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 16:17

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 16:17
I have just finished a Mahindra Ute build up with allow canopy -- I actually got a quote from M2O

I forgot the price now ..

As my Mahindra Pik-up ute was ordered through Billabong Mahindra and the specifications changed when adding a 140ltr Auxiliary Fuel tank, the canopy ended up coming from MWtoolbox, and had 2 spare wheels mounted on the back of the canopy. Some items I did have added to the canopy was central locking and a reverse camera -- what I can say I love the setup. One of my specifications of the setup is that the canopy must be safe to stand on top of it. What I like about these alloy canopies or these side access canopies
1/ No Glass to smash or tt allow people to see inside.
2/ No swing away spare wheel carriers to worry about -- very easy access
3/ Access from both sides of the Vehicle
4/ Should last for years.

Some pics of the setup.

The Central locking setup.

you can read about the build on Myswag forum http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=17679.50
AnswerID: 492982

Sponsored Links