EOTrackMe

Could anyone explain to me how I use EOTrackMe if I have a Hema Navigator 6. Here is what I think I understand so far: I download the software onto my laptop and register my device. I don't understand how my route is stored onto the laptop and then pass on to Exploreoz website when I get an internet connection. Do I have to connect my HN6 to my laptop to get the data and then the laptop will transfer this online? Is that the idea?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John R (cQld) - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 21:28

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 21:28
You have to connect some form of GPS device that can send the GPS location data to your computer, where it will be read and stored into a route file, etc, for tracking.
Can the HN6 stream GPS data to a computer though? Usually something like a GPS USB mouse is used for this.

Cheers, John

AnswerID: 493001

Follow Up By: GMichel - Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 17:07

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 17:07
Hi John,
That's what I want to know because I have just purchased the HN6. It can be connected to a computer but not while in use. In short, does anyone know whether the HN6 can be used that way?

Thanks, Gerard
FollowupID: 768925

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 17:58

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 17:58
Hi

No it cant - its doesnt out put a NMEA data stream which is required by other programs to show your position. The HN5 keeps this information to itself. I dont actually know how EOTrackMe works but HN6 isnt the device for the job (It does however serve another useful purpose).

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 768932

Follow Up By: GMichel - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:25

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:25
HI Greg,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question mate.

Cheers
Gerard
FollowupID: 768966

Sponsored Links