Comment: Australias Outback Tracks CD

If there is no MAC version then this product is no good to me and many others ........
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Aug 17, 2012 at 14:37

Friday, Aug 17, 2012 at 14:37
rkc47 you can't blame the mapping product for that problem. Australia's Outback tracks is not a program, it's data, and there are no Windows / Mac versions of this product. However, the CD WILL work on Android, Iphone, Ipad, PC and even Windows CE, all of which support mapping programs.

The problem you raise is that no one has bothered to make a decent mapping program ( which could read maps like Outback tracks and a few hundred others) for OS X. Understandable I guess.

It's an Apple market share issue. It would appear that no one is prepared to make an offroad mapping program for the 7% of the market that Apple hold. I'll also bet that of those 7% less than 5% would take their precious Apple computer offroading too, not enough coffee shops to show it off :-)

That leaves a total addressable market of about 45 people in Australia who would use it missing out.

AnswerID: 493054

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Friday, Aug 17, 2012 at 16:39

Friday, Aug 17, 2012 at 16:39
Gday Boobook
I wouldn't have thought it would be that many, i think you have way over estimated ...

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 768661

Follow Up By: Witi Repartee - Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 17:47

Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 17:47
Interesting. As as long time Windows devotee (or sufferer ) take your pick, I think a big swing towards Apple computer products will happen. As I see it, kids love their Iphones, get a lot of use from their Ipads...so what sort of computer are they going to buy in years to come? One of the Apple abilities they like, is the fact they can automatically Sync all three devices when ever they are in close proximity. I have seen this happening already in the younger business set. Please don't call me a fanboy.....I don't own any Apple products!
FollowupID: 768709

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 17:05

Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 17:05
It is perfectly normal for those 'have nots' to rubbish those who are the fortunate few and have purchased the far better machine for their purposes. Only one company has ever really had the technical ability to design, build and write software for the same machine, then present it to the marketplace as a package free of major bugs while being dead easy for the novice or expert to use. In our business we recently sold (retiring) we ran ten or more PC's which for the mundane transactions, were quite satisfactory. With the dusty conditions we only bought what we classed as 'throw away computors' and that worked out ok. However, for the more demanding software I use such as the latest Adobe Photoshop, Apple Aperture, Apple Final Cut Pro, Dragen Dictate etc, my desk top and portable laptops have proved to be where the action is. Yes, I am quite happy to buy my magic products from one of the most profitable and stable companies on the planet.
FollowupID: 768778

Sponsored Links