air bags for 100 series

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:54
ThreadID: 97494 Views:1820 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
well here we are in perth came over from melb towing van plus boat on roof and mangrove jack on the back. we have decided to put airbags on the cruiser and would like to have some idea's as to the best place to go over here. once again thanks for the help i have got in the past. allen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 13:30

Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 13:30
Hi Allen

I had Firestone's fitted to my 100 Series about 2 years ago and have never looked back. Excellent ride and fantastic handling and towing improvement when pulling something big.

I got mine from Opposite Lock in Midland - took about 2 1/2 hours to fit -cost around the $500 - $550 mark.

Advantage for you is if you need to do a warranty claim you can go into any OL store across the country.

Mine still going strong - and they have copped an absolute hammering including the GRR and the entire GBH (including the abandoned section 3 weeks ago) all while towing a 1.5 ton rig.

Regardless of cost - you wont be wasting your money.

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 493118

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W14 - Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 21:20

Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 21:20
I fitted Firestone Air Bag Helpers to my 100 series Sahara - mainly so I could still use the AHC. Note they are not full air bags, but bags that fit inside the existing coil spring and give about another 85 kilos per side lift or support. If you go with these type make sure you fit the ones with the Kevlar sleeve to prevent wear as the suspension raises or lowers.

Brilliant when towing the van as they allow the AHC (which has a limit of around 280 kilos before it drops to low) to maintain Normal height and will even raise to High (if speed is below set limit).

They also allow for adjustable pressure to siffen or soften the ride as you need.

Airbag Man supplied so also similar cross country support.
FollowupID: 768723

Sponsored Links