thermal paint

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 13:02
ThreadID: 97495 Views:2173 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
has any one out there painted the roof of there van with thermal paint wich one and was it worth it thanks allen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: member - mazcan - Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 14:36

Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 14:36
hi vicex
i used thremkool paint and the glaze finish coat made by jako the painter from w.a
on a fridge box i made and put on my campertrailer a/frame deepcycle battery box and it certainly reduces the heat touch-wise it makes a difference
dont know if jako still makes it as its about 4yrs since i bought it www.jakothepainter.com is the website he was selling it at one of the caravan shows back then for caravans/sheds metal patios etc quiet a lot of people bought and used it
cheers
AnswerID: 493120

Reply By: KevKim37 - Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 00:39

Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 00:39
I have applied a product called "REGENT HEATGUARD" purchased from a Trade Paint Supplier in Cairns. I put this on my fibreglass roof van and on my vehicle metal canopy. The difference this makes is that before the canopy roof would be very hot on the underside even though the top was painted white, and after the application of the HEATGUARD the underside was a lot cooler than before i.e. In full sun it was not previously possible to keep a hand on the underside for too long.

It also does a good job of helping with sealing any problem areas as it forms a thick, flexible skin when dried depending on the coats applied.

Cheers Kev.
AnswerID: 493149

Reply By: Member - RockyOne - Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 16:44

Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 16:44
Adverts I had seen in 4x4 mags listed a insulating paint from a n 'Australian Paint Company' in Brisbane that was claimed to be a better insulator than 4" (100mm) Koolite type material. I am still interested in doing our corrugated iron roof and trymdeck type roofs as it also has great sealing properties. Has been advertised for a long period of time,so some of you guys must have used it as they have to pay for the ads.
AnswerID: 493193

Sponsored Links