Kangaroo Island Help

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 14:10
ThreadID: 97518 Views:1775 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are going to Kangaroo Island in November taking the Land Cruiser and staying about a week and staying in self contained cabins, where is the best place to stay on the Island and what is a must see while we are there...........Thanks in advance for your advice
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mchapo - Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 16:58

Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 16:58
G'day Cobber
We stayed for over a week in cabins at the Kingscote caravan park at Nepean Bay near Kingscote. It is central to the whole island so day trips from here to everything is easy.They can even get you a discount on the ferry,check their website. Very nice couple and very reasonable rates.
Cheers
Chapo.
AnswerID: 493194

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 19:01

Sunday, Aug 19, 2012 at 19:01
Hi I stayed at American river ,island coast units, all new cabins and was very peacfull place nice bush setting,and did day trips from there, though about 30klm to Kingskote to the pub for dinner most nights, not that bad as no traffic.there is a general store at American river as well, and if you catch some fish even better.
Site Link

I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 493203

Reply By: Candace S. - Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:21

Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:21
Things I saw/did and really enjoyed:

Flinders Chase NP, in particular Cape du Couedic (lighthouse, boardwalk down to an overlook of Admirals Arch and the rocky coast and maybe lots of seals/sea lions);

One morning I had a nice walk in Cape Gantheaume Park near Murray Lagoon;

A walk up Prospect Hill (they built a wood stairway to make the walking easy) gives a good view;

The ranger-guided walk on the beach at Seal Bay Conservation Park;

Cape Willoughby (I was only there briefly on the last morning of my visit, so I didn't get to go up in the lighthouse, etc.);

Little Sahara dunes.
AnswerID: 493241

Reply By: member - mazcan - Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 14:03

Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 14:03
hi cobber
fantastic place to visit did it aprill 2005
i did all of it except for the north west coast 4wd tracks area
i stayed at kingscote caravan park and did 3 day trips went to all the light houses and everywhere that candice mentioned plus american river
i had a brand new vw golf hatch but that went everywhere ive mentioned without a problem straddled some tracks a bit here and there
but am an ex farmer so had the confidence and past experience to be able to go where most others would baulk at the thought most of the roads were limestone surfaces but in sound condition
the vw was unscaved at the end of the trips
lots of interesting things to see and big stretches with bugger all
cheers
AnswerID: 493256

Sponsored Links