Jayco caravan slideout options

Submitted: Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 13:21
ThreadID: 97539 Views:1946 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am considering purchasing a Jayco caravan with the bed room slide out and possibly the lounge one as well. Has any one got a Jayco with a side out? and if so what are your experience re the reliability of the same - ie - any problems or not?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Greg Newell- Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 17:36

Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 17:36
I donT Owen one but brother had one and had no end of drama with it Would keep the money in your pocket and look for a better quality product .
AnswerID: 493274

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 18:03

Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 18:03
Hi G.T,

I will be interested to read any replies as we also are looking at one. They are going to be standard on the Sterling models from next year I think so they must have sorted most of the problems with them to do that.
We currently have a Sterling OB and have loved it...been many quite adventurous places on the dirt too with no real problems.

regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 493275

Reply By: 2517 - Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 18:19

Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 18:19
They all leak bad in the tropical ,huge problems in Darwin.
AnswerID: 493276

Follow Up By: Member - wadams - Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 19:00

Monday, Aug 20, 2012 at 19:00
We have had two Jayco 25 footers. Bought the first one in 2008 and took it straight to Kununurra and lived in it on site for 12 months including the wet season. No problems whatsoever. Bought the second one fitted out to our own specs in 2010 and again took it straight to Kununurra on site again for two years including 2 wet seasons. Again still no problems. We are still currently living in our van in northern SA and have had no problems with the slideouts leaking etc etc. The only problem we had were blowflies getting in under the slideouts where the extension screws are. Stuffed them with foam and now no problems.
The only problems we are having are crazing in the shower recess, but that's another story.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 768850

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 06:39

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 06:39
I have a 2010 Outback Sterling with the slide out bed. When extending or retracting,the bed capsule does "wobble" a bit but at no time has it ever leaked, either in or out positions. We have had some incredibly heavy rain and wind tests, been on dirt roads and both it and the van have come through with flying colors. It has to be the most practical extra you could put in a van.
I don't know if I would go to a slide out lounge,can't see the need for it but it is a personal choice.
The new models have a drive that is working on both sides of the module at the same time so I think this would eliminate the "wobble" They also have a combined bed/lounge module but have not heard any feedback on them Cheers,Bob.
AnswerID: 493305

Reply By: Member - G.T. - Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 16:07

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 16:07
Thanks to all who have replied. Early days yet, still to make up my mind.
Regards G.T.
AnswerID: 493344

Sponsored Links