leak repair on the inflatable boat

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 13:56
ThreadID: 97558 Views:1915 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Recently i searched some knowledge about the leak repair on the inflatables. here are some: “air leakage” may due to the changes of temperature and air pressure. The change of 1 degree Celsius may result in 0.003 Pascal change. For example, when the air in the inflated boat gets cooler at night, the air pressure will fall. It is natural that the boat seems to be softened. If it is not due to the temperature change however, you need to check where the leakage is. A few steps are suggested as follows:
1. Check if the valves are stuffed with sand and other small particles;
2. Make sure the valves are placed correctly;
3. Inflate the kayak;
4. Close the valve covers;
5. Apply soap solvent around the valves;
6. Air bubbles should emerge from breakages.

Repair: Deflate and clean the inflatable boat (you may apply soap water for cleaning) and then repair it when the solvent is dried. For tiny breakages (less than 5cm), you may apply glue and dry it for 12 hours.

If the leakage positions are near the valve, it may mean that the valve is loosened. The valve is a spiral system. To solve the leakage, you need to deflate the boat and then tighten the upper screw together with the lower one.

After inflating, if there are no bubbles, please close the valve and check it with soap solvent. If the bubbles come out, the valve should be replaced – deflate the tubes and replace the upper valve.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - willawa - Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 18:16

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 18:16
When you have checked all the valves and it still looses air you may have a small hole some where else.
If so ,inflate and follow the same procedure over the whole boat , patience being the key to success.

AnswerID: 493349

Reply By: Dreadnought - Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 20:30

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012 at 20:30
Sooooo.....are you asking about fixing a particular leak on your inflatable, or merely telling us all what you have found out? I don't quite understand the purpose of the thread??
AnswerID: 493359

Follow Up By: Member - Vince M (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 19:01

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 19:01
I.m with dreadnought,
With inflatables you 1st have to know what it is made of eg PVC or hypalon etc, if you have a problem lets us know & i will be able to help you
regards Vince
FollowupID: 768994

Sponsored Links