rear shocks on patrol ute

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 09:43
ThreadID: 97574 Views:1885 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all, i'm after some replacement rear shocks for my Patrol ute ( leaf spring) towing 2 ton van, the last ones flogged out in 5000 ks,( under warranty still) was looking at tuff dog adjustables, and a good place to buy them , what are fellow travelers using out there? was considering air bags but not sure if ride would be comfortable , its preety bouncy as it is . Most of my driving is hi way with a little off road here and there .
Thanks in advance for any input ,regards Barry Gold coast
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John M (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:30

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:30
Hi Barry
I run Old Man Emu's and have had a good run out of them in my GU Patrol Ute. Well over 100K although it is a coil cab with air bags which I find to be great. Can adjust pressure depending on load. Regards John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 493385

Reply By: Member - John - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 15:04

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 15:04
bazz, G'day, I had Tough Dog Adjustable shocks on my GU leaf Ute, but also had auxillary coils fitted. I had mine fitted in Melbourne, but Fred is local to you I think. These coils took the jarring bounce out of the rear and gave a great ride when ute was unloaded. Maybe what you need for yours.

Good luck. John

Aux Coils

Image Could Not Be Found
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 493394

Reply By: Cravenhaven - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 18:14

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 18:14
I have a coil spring ute and we carry a heavy slide-on camper. I had OME springs and shocks installed about 4 years ago but the ride was always bouncy and a lot of swaying. About 6 months ago I replaced the rear shocks with toughdog 45mm adjustables and have been amazed at the difference. I normally set them at 4 when loaded and 0/1 when unloaded and they are excellent.
cravenhaven

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 493415

Sponsored Links