Anne Beadell Highway Latest Updates

Hi All

We are just back from 2 fantastic weeks into the Great Victoria Desert and sections of the Anne Beadell Highway.

Track conditions are as usual, with no changes since our last visit, but no problems when you drive to the track conditions.

East of Emu the Desert is in full bloom, while west of Emu the flowers are just coming out. If you are heading that way soon, you will be in for a real treat.

As with this drive, low tyre pressures and regular stops make this a very enjoyable drive in Australia's largest desert system.

Here are just a few images of what you can expect to see.

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found

These are just a few of the dozens of flowers that are out and I will get a new Blog when time permits just on the flora from this trip.

Happy Travelling along the Anne Beadell.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael J (SA) - Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:50

Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:50
Good morning Stehpen,

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "stop and smell the roses"

Look forward to the blog.

Rgds
MJ
AnswerID: 493516

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:47

Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:47
Hi Michael

The trip was fantastic and the highlight was the visit to Maralinga and the tracks in that area.

Now come the big job of more Blogs and a new trek notes for Maralinga.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 769113

Reply By: Shaker - Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 17:04

Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 17:04
Thanks for the update.
We are heading off to do the ABH in mid September.
You mentioned that the track conditions are pretty much as usual, the grader must have gone through behind you, there is another report here mentioning that it has just been graded West of Neale Junction.
Thanks again.
AnswerID: 493529

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 18:35

Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 18:35
Hi Shaker

You will be in for a great trip, and all the wildflowers should be in full bloom.

As for the grader, that is quite normal for the WA side of the border. You will find that the section inside SA, it has been years since it last saw a grader on the track. The track is great from a few kilometres just before Ilkurlka, right through to Neale junction, and then south, as this is the main road for the fuel trucks that take fuel out to the Ilkurlka site.

Keep your tyre pressures low and have a great trip.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 769131

Sponsored Links