Gold Coast

Submitted: Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:59
ThreadID: 97683 Views:2140 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Currently carvanning in QLD from WA and staying at Caboolture showgrounds. Have done a few of these and showgrounds are good and reasonably priced. Wondering if there are any on Gold Coast or other low/reasonable priced caravan places/ free camps etc within reasonable proximity to Movie World and Australian Outback Spectacular or are we wasting our time.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mark V1 - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:46

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:46
Hello Mildew ,
we to are from W.A and did the Gold Coast thing a couple of months back. We stayed at the Gold Coast Holiday Park at Helensvale (they take dogs and also recommended a Lady on site to do this for us , while we went to the theme parks) , we had a week there as we caught up with some family and little ones to do the theme parks. It cost us $31 a night but joined the Top Tourist Park Club and got 10% off straight away and can use card Australia wide. A 4 star caravan park (but should be 5). Really friendly help you set up connect water , power un-hitch etc.... also just over the freeway to the Theme Parks (Outback Spectacular , Movie World , White Water World , the furtherest drive was Sea World. They have a great pool / cafe with a water slide , bike track and hire 4 wheel pedal cars for the kids. You can also get good deals through them for the parks , although we found that there were people offering good deals for Outback Spectacular at Movie World. Outback Spectacular was awesome , enjoyed Movie World and also Sea World.

Hope this helps

Mark
AnswerID: 493709

Reply By: happychap - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 13:47

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 13:47
You could try the Beenleigh showground. There are campers there continually. Cannot help you with price, amenities, etc., but would think there must be some, otherwise the place would be empty.

Movieworld, Dreamworld is only about 12 minutes down the M1 from Beenleigh.
AnswerID: 493713

Reply By: rumpig - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 17:19

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 17:19
if you don't need a powered site, then places such as Darlington Park and Sharp park are worth looking at staying at. here's a link to a trip report i did from a stay at Darlington Park about a year back http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=115171
Sharp Park is probably a touch closer to where you want to go though, only about 30 minutes drive from themhttp://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/Queensland/Gold-Coast-and-Hinterland/Beaudesert/Sharp-Park-River-Bend-Bush-Camping
AnswerID: 493727

Reply By: bazz - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 17:56

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 17:56
if you want out of the rat race go to jacobs well, peacfull , ok fishing , get a boatride to stadbroke island , good prices as well, cheers Barry
AnswerID: 493735

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 19:53

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 19:53
Actually Baz that's a great idea. It is a good park, right on the water in a small town with good facilities and an easy drive to all of the theme parks and easy access to Moreton Bay Islands. I used to half live on that stretch of water in my boating days. It is a little piece of paradise.
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 769355

Sponsored Links