Fitting driving lights to the Dmax

G'day all

I am fitting driving lights to the Dmax and am almost up to the stage of connecting the live wire to the high beam wire.

The question is,,,,, what is the easiest way to do this?

I can see that there are at least three nuts that need to be taken off to get the light assembly out plus the grill.

I have had a look at the back of the light but can't figure out if I can just take the wiring out by a simple twist of the socket and be able to lift the wiring into the open to make the connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 17:04

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 17:04
Gday BooBoo
The high beam globe is an HB3 globe and the low beam is an H7

These seem to have a bayonet fitting and should turn ACW to release from the HL body. They have an "O" ring seal on the spigot of the globe base for sealing so it will be firm to remove.

The Dmax has neg switched HL system.
Warm the area gently with hairdryer to ease the plastic tabs through the rotation.

Ross M
AnswerID: 493725

Reply By: gbc - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 18:49

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 18:49
I cheated and used one of those dodgy bloody splicing crimp doovers - you know the ones......?
It is still doing the job famously however.
AnswerID: 493739

Reply By: Rangiephil - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 21:20

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 21:20
I hope you are connecting to trigger a relay and/or that the high beam goes via a relay or your switch will fry quicksmart.

Regards Philip A
AnswerID: 493753

Reply By: Member - Stuart P (WA) - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 23:45

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 23:45
pm me with a phone no and i will talk you thru it
AnswerID: 493759

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 28, 2012 at 06:23

Tuesday, Aug 28, 2012 at 06:23
Gentleman

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my problem, but late yesterday I booked it into the auto electrician.

I am recovering from a shoulder reconstruction with a few complications and 'wifey' saw what I was doing and "suggested" I get the auto electrician to finish the job.

It has been 11 weeks since the op and I can not do a great deal. I think my ambitions were greater than my capabilites.

Once again I thank you and apologise for wasting your time.
FollowupID: 769382

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 06:55

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 06:55
Had the job done yesterday.

He didn't like the wiring that came with the lights so he redid the whole lot.

Total cost including wiring and switch etc $70. Should have taken it to him in the first place, but ARB wanted $160 just for labour in Bundaberg so thats why I thought I'd have a go.lol.

Anyway we are on our way to Gladstone in a few hours for our 7 day fishing trip on the reef.

My son and I think we have worked out how I can fish with my bung left arm and hand.

A few brackets and a deep sea fishing belt should do the job. If not my son said he'll pull my fish in and claim them as well. lol

FollowupID: 769484

Sponsored Links