new release colorado LTZ

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 18:22
ThreadID: 97728 Views:2830 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody have an opinion on the recently released 2.8 ltr colorado auto deisel as yet.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 18:46

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 18:46
This site does

2012 Colorado review

Saw a Pic of the first ARB Bull Bar Design for it - Looks a bit ordinary.

Regards
Tony
AnswerID: 493876

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 21:15

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 21:15
hi tony fish
yes interesting read and it differs with the colorado reveiw test report done by
www.carsguide.com
recently
different test drivers certainly give differents opinions
cheers
FollowupID: 769531

Reply By: Rockape - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 20:14

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 20:14
Depending on what you are going to use it for I found the transfer case was not protected and exposed to damage.

Another thing I noticed was the door rubbers didn't seem right at the top of the doors. Looking at a few of them they seemed to differ in how they were fitted.

I don't mind a cool or hot drink when driving and one of the holders is tucked back under the overhang of the center console lid.

Tub finish didn't grab me either.

Not knocking it. They all have things we don't like. It is just what I have noticed.

RA.

AnswerID: 493879

Reply By: rocco2010 - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 20:58

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 20:58
Gidday

Fairfax press did a comparison drive on the Colorado, DMax, VW and Mazda a week or so ago. You should be able to find it on their web site.

I recall they thought the Colorado was a bit lacking in features compared with the others though the towing capacity was best.

I know lots of people regard magazine and newspaper motoring pages with suspicion, but you have to start somewhere with your research and the articles did at least list the features of each. They can only judge what they find when they drive a new car for a few days. What it will be like in a few years with 100k on the clock is anyone's guess.

Of course the Colorado is pretty new so there are probably not a lot of real world experiences out there yet.

Cheers

AnswerID: 493883

Follow Up By: olcoolone - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 21:43

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 21:43
Funny you say that.... a current issue of a 4wd mag had a right up of the Colorado and Ranger, the Ranger won everything and the winner was the Colorado based on price.

Carsguide did a review of the Colarado last week and said it is no match for the Ranger and seeing they spent 2 Billion $ on it it should of been much better.

FollowupID: 769533

Follow Up By: rocco2010 - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 22:29

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 22:29
The price thing is funny ... I guess it applies to all things. I think the economists call it the law of diminishing returns or something. Twice the price isn't always twice as good.

I am a (older) Ranger owner very happy with what I have and I looked at the price of the new ones ... it seems Ford took a leaf out of the Toyota book in pricing a new model.

I can understand how a whole lot of little things can make one car better than another in a head-to head comparison but an $8k-$10k price difference suddenly makes a harder seat or a jiggly ride or a bit more engine noise or a decimal point less of fuel economy all that much easier to live with. I know depreciation is also a factor but for a lot of buyers it isnt relevent unless they are turning cars over regularly.

That's why i bought aRanger three years ago and not a Hilux!

Cheers
FollowupID: 769537

Reply By: Isuzumu - Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 06:36

Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 06:36
I test drove an auto and manual Colorado and found the auto much better. I have also driven a couple of BT 50's. But have decided on the D.Max (have it in a bit over a weeks time) why, and just not because I have two Isuzu's now, the Colorado has a VM Motori (Fiat) motor same as in the Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler.
I found that the Isuzu 3.0 lt was as responsive as both the Colorado and BT 50 and believe the economy will be a lot better. And one of the reasons I brought the D.Max was I paid $50k for a LS-T top of the line with leather, sat nav with Hema mapping and a few other things the Colorado does not have.
AnswerID: 493896

Reply By: Member - john y - Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:35

Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:35
Many thanks who have replied. Your opinions are valued

Regardsjohn y
AnswerID: 493907

Reply By: Lucko - Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 14:17

Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 14:17
I have the 2012 LZ Space Cab with a tray back (ready for a canopy). Only have 900Ks on the clock but very surprised at the improvement in performance from new. Engine and transmission were very stiff, but even with limited Ks is now very willing to work. Even from low speed, you tell it to "giddyup" and it does. I blowed if I know how they extract so much grunt from these little common rail engines. Trip computer reported nearly 11L/100Ks, new, now down to 9.2 around town. No towing yet as manual says a big "nyet" until at least 1,500K on the clock.
I have no issues with fitout, in fact a lot better than some of the more agricultural utes I've had in the past. What I don't like is that, as a work vehicle designed to tow, they don't provide a space for the brake controller or even the UHF.
I'm lead to believe that these vm motori engines are being fitted to the new London taxi cabs. Read into that what you wish.

Mark
AnswerID: 493922

Sponsored Links