Customer Service

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 20:10
ThreadID: 97729 Views:2681 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I would like to share an experience of customer service that has been outstanding.

Hubby and I have been planning the big lap trip with the kids for a few years, starting with selling our block to finance the purchase of a caravan etc...
Once that happened we started researching which van to get, based on where we (hubby) wanted to go.

We settled on a Sunland Longreach custom caravan. I contacted Tarrot Wyss and began designing what we wanted, within our budget (which we promptly exceeded). Six months on and our caravan is nearly completed (on schedule), and due to be delivered to us in WA in about 3 weeks time.

Throughout the whole process, from the initial contact, design, quotes and building, Tarrot and his team have been absolutely fantastic to deal with! Nothing has been any trouble (especially when I changed my mind 3-4 times about optional extras), they have answered our questions, redesigned and requoted when we decided to go bigger because of a layout change. My hubby even rang Tarrot while he was on holidays, to ask about wiring and plugs so our vehicle would be prepared also. This was not a problem and Tarrot was only too happy to help!
The communication from the team at Sunland has been excellent, with regular updates, calls to clarify things or notify of delays or unexpected changes. We have had photos emailed during the build process.

I have not been paid to say these things, just a very happy customer. I can't wait to take delivery of our caravan and if the customer service is an indication of build quality, I know it will be 5 star!

So thank you Sunland Caravans, we'll be back....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 21:37

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 21:37
G'day, will be watching the forum to see if you post about the quality once you get your van and have experienced it for a while. I am just starting the search for a van for long term travel and the Sunland is near the top of the list so far............... Enjoy your new van. John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 493887

Follow Up By: kym111 - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 23:28

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2012 at 23:28
I'll let you know how we go, John! We have a trip planned to Landor Races in the East Gascoyne a couple of weeks after delivery, then a week at Tamala Station in Shark Bay at Christmas, both dirt road trips (the Landor trip will be a real test, as there are patches of road with corrugations the size of 44 gallon drums, and lots of creek washouts).

They say you get what you pay for, so I'm thinking it's a good indication (but not always). I spent quite a while searching through forums and reviews before narrowing it down to Sunland. I've not seen one bad word against them, and if there were problems, they were minor and dealt with immediately and efficiently. The biggest deal maker for us is the 3 year warranty (and it's inclusions).
But I know what you're saying, John, and I hope I can back up the excellent customer service with excellent quality as well.

I have some build photos if you want to take a look. Private message me if you want to know more!

Kym :-)
FollowupID: 769541

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 06:56

Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 06:56
These people are mentioned many times on the Caravaners Forum and I can't remember reading one bad comment. The owner(Dad) semi retired recently due to ill health but the others left have been well trained by him and are keeping up the standard. The owner also has a "Rogues Gallery" post running on there (CF) Worth a read to show what he has found wrong with vans over the years. Bob.
AnswerID: 493897

Reply By: Member - Wamuranman - Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 07:57

Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 07:57
HI Kym,

You have made the right choice for sure.
We also did extensive research (even set up a spreadsheet to do comparative analysis on the vans we were interested in) and decided on a Sunland Patriot SE. Ours was delivered in May and we have done one trip so far.
All that you say about Sunland customer service is correct. They build a quality van and will fix any little things that need to be fixed.
One thing that needs to be remembered is that no matter how good a van is structurally or chassis/suspension wise...they (van manufacturers) all depend on 3rd party providers for the appliances, pumps etc etc. We had a problem with 1 or our 12V shureflo pumps.....but Sunland replaced it immediately (it was easy for us as we only live 10km from their factory). So don't expect your van to be trouble free....there will be little things that need fixing or replacing. But with Sunland they will do that quickly and promptly.
They will also custom build a van to suit...we used some new type materials like sandwich panel to reduce weight. Our tandem 20ft 6" off road van with full ensuite and washing machine, 150mm chassis, cruisemaster trailing arm independent coil suspension etc etc ihas a tare of just 2260kg...about 700kg lighter than an equivalent Kedron or Bushtracker. But there is no compromise in weight where it matters.
Kym, I would be interested to know how you go when you get your van.
One day we will upgrade to the top of the range Sunland Winton...an awesome van that in my opinion is one of the best off road vans available.
Cheers

AnswerID: 493902

Sponsored Links