Excellent landcruiser service in Cairns

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 20:09
ThreadID: 97746 Views:1868 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have just had my 100S landcruiser serviced in Cairns. I did not want to go to a Toyo dealer as they charge like wounded bulls. Another member on this forum reccommended the following mechanic,

His name is Doug Chellingworth & the business is DC Mechanical Repairs. The address is Shed 1, 63 - 65 Ardisia St, Smithfield QLD, 4878. It is very easy to get a van there and is only 2 streets off the Captain Cook Hwy [near James Cook Uni on north side of city] Phone number is 0488 578 655. Email is doug.chellingworth@hotmail.com

I can highly reccommend him, charges very reasonable and did an excellent job.
We brought our LC to his work shop and he serviced it on the spot whilst we waited. One hr later and we were mobile again. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ian G (NSW) - Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 22:23

Thursday, Aug 30, 2012 at 22:23
Interestingly enough, we also posted a comment on Doug back on 20/6/12 in Thread ID 96393. We found him to be excellent in his workmanship, friendship and so accommodating. He even let us park our van on the front lawn and have some power to recharge our van battery bank as we had been on a non powered site at Palm Cove for a few days and had exhausted our power base because of the bushy site and lack of sun on our solar panels. We had a major service which took most of the day and a few times during the day he came to the van to report on where he was up to and how much longer it would be. We also recomended him again recently when someone on the forum asked for a service repairman around Cairns. Another great thing about Doug's business is that it is very easy to find near James Cook Uni on the north side of town, slighly off the highway.

cheers,
AnswerID: 493956

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Friday, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:13

Friday, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:13
Hi Ian, Thanks for your previous forum post. That is where I got the details from and you were spot on with your comments, Thanks. Cheers
FollowupID: 769638

Reply By: Patrol22 - Friday, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:48

Friday, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:48
Seems to be a fairly common trait up here in the far north. I've recently had to be recovered from the Donovan Range area of the Bloomfield Track and the service I got from the Mossman RACQ guy (Luke @ amacks) was nothing short of outstanding. He still has the car and I hope to get an update on progress shortly. Interestingly the local Nissan dealer in Cairns is so busy couldn't get around to even taking a look for 2 weeks.
AnswerID: 493984

Sponsored Links