taiwanese generators

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 15, 2004 at 16:20
ThreadID: 9777 Views:1869 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Recently bought a 1.5 kva generator from Brisbane for $370.00, branded "an all Australian Company" with a map of Australia on the front. Made in Taiwan. On arrival found a larger oil spill in the box than the Exon Valdez and was promptly returned and replaced, no questions asked. This one has no leaks and runs "stronger" than the first. Appears that there is a lot of varience with these machines but for the price what the heck. Similar Honda far too expensive for the amount of use it will get. This generator is very quiet, compares favourably with the 1 kva Yamaha I did own as far as the noise factor is concerned.
Will be mainly used for free camping next time around Australia and for fencing etc on our property.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jemima puddle duck - Thursday, Jan 15, 2004 at 21:54

Thursday, Jan 15, 2004 at 21:54
gday big bear.
12 or so months ago i bought a cheap chinnese genny couldnt be happier.
i put up a post telling people about them.
i know of a couple of people who are happy then theres others who have have a really crappy run.
i guess its the luck of the draw.
cheers
you reckon your cute
richard(eskimo)
but im a lot cuter

AnswerID: 43180

Reply By: Mick - Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 18:41

Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 18:41
A lot of these have been recalled, if its the one im thinking of like the type sold at repco etc..
The problem was a 12 volt appliance could be placed in the 240 outlet, or the other way around.
A few people got some big zaps!!
AnswerID: 43260

Reply By: Member - Bear - Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 21:20

Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 21:20
Big Bear

Where did you get it from, I spose that if you get from a larger dealer you can also return it if probs..

Bear
BEAR
AnswerID: 43274

Reply By: bigboodie - Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 12:06

Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 12:06
Gidday Big Bear
Have been following the generator debate with interest as looking to buy one soon also. Is your unit the four stroke as per ebay during December. They sounded pretty good for the money. You seem happy with it also.
I have not seen them on ebay since but might be back on soon - I hope.
If it was an ebay purchase, do you have contact details of the supplier. I wouldn't mind dropping them a line to see if they are getting more in.
Thanks & Regards
AnswerID: 44195

Follow Up By: big bear - Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 13:48

Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 13:48
Hello bigboodie, yep, still pleased with the gennie. Running well and no problems. Would have loved a Honda but for the price these are great. The person who was selling these gennies was Ray on the following e mails, marcman@gil.com.au or qldselect@bigpond.com.au. They were in the Courier Mail but not for the past couple of weeks.I have not seen them on e bay lately. HOpe this infomation helps.

Woops, better get off the computer this end, looks like the mother of all storms is brewing up!!

Regards Big Bear
FollowupID: 306430

Sponsored Links