Cup holders for 105 Land Cruiser

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 01, 2012 at 21:30
ThreadID: 97784 Views:4192 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Was looking at thread 97766 and saw Rockapes cup holders for his Troopy and got me thinking how useless the in console cup holders are in my Cruiser. You have to be double jointed to get the cup out and sitting a cup next to the gear lever or between the legs just doesn't work.

Just wondering what other people have done and if anyone knows of an after market cup holder which would sit in front of the console and behind the gear lever.

Any ideas would be appreciated.


Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alastair D (NSW) - Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 08:58

Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 08:58
In a previous vehicle I made a simple centre console out of plywood. I was able to fit the funny shape available to get best use. I originally just had a flange with 2 holes to put cups in but found in hot weather the cool drinks warmed up due to the heat coming up from the floor. I boxed in the cup section and filled it with polystyrene with holes for the cups/bottles. Worked well. Just make sure you can get the insert out for cleaning as you will get spillage and dirt.
AnswerID: 494102

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 20:42

Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 20:42

I bought a folding cup holder from one of the auto type places, but can't find it in my shed, so may have thrown it out. Then again, I can rarely find anything in my shed!!!

Think the principle of this one was it mounted on the door frame. A length of thin steel, about 30mm wide, and bent at right angles at one end, was inserted down into the window track. Then off the end of this shorter bent piece you would attach a short cylinder, the internal diameter of which would suit your beverage container of choice.

I've been thinking of making some for my ute, to fit the "truckie's cups", the ones with a lid. That way they only burn your lips, and not other sensitive parts of the body. But what I was going to use is poly pipe, in a large enough size to suit. I've got some here about 63mm OD, and can also source some in 75mm OD & 90mm OD. And if one makes it for a T/cup, then it would need a slot on one side to allow the handle to sit in neatly.

I could do a drawing, if you're interested, and post it on here?


Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 494193

Sponsored Links