Comment: VMS Touring 700HDs On & Off Road

Interesting that it includes a windscreen attachment. At a breathalyzer stop in Victoria, the cop on duty said to remove the gps I had on the windscreen as it is illegal and could result in $230 fine!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 22:16

Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 22:16
Hi

My understanding is that different states have different rules on this matter (and rules change). Suspect best course of action is for the end user to determine what is allowed in the location they will use device/associated accessories...manufacturer/retailer wont know every individual buyers circumstances.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 494148

Reply By: phasar - Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 09:41

Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 09:41
G'day

I have always thought that the windscreen was not the best place to mount these devices. If nothing else, they become very visible to our light fingered friends.
Why can't the manufactures supply external aerials to pick up the satellite and then the actual unit can be placed wherever suits.

Have a fun day
Peter.
If you wanna get to heaven first you must raise a little hell
OMD

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 494158

Follow Up By: Johnofoz - Saturday, Sep 08, 2012 at 22:26

Saturday, Sep 08, 2012 at 22:26
Even providing a small flat and smooth spot on the dash next to the speedo area for the suction cap would be helpful!
FollowupID: 770167

Reply By: mick b5 - Saturday, Sep 08, 2012 at 23:26

Saturday, Sep 08, 2012 at 23:26
Hi Johnofoz -- this country is in such a mess nobody knows what is going on they just like to find you for everything I'm sure the seller known the rules if not he should be band from selling them - he could lable the box as to were you could mount and fit it -- but no they just take your money with no INFO.--SAD.
AnswerID: 494529

Sponsored Links