Techni Ice fridges

Submitted: Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 10:34
ThreadID: 97805 Views:5074 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking at one of these for a friend of mine does anyone know what they are like I have one of their ice boxes and they are great but I assume by the price of these they are made somewhere different and was just wondering how good they were
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Genesis (VIC) - Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 10:48

Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 10:48
Hi, i have several of these and they are really great. Hold stuff frozen and very cold for quite a long time ( temp dependant of course ). I use mine for drinks, fish and general household items and have managed to keep ice in one for several days ( temp was 28c ) - hope this helps
AnswerID: 494163

Follow Up By: woozle - Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 11:17

Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 11:17
I am asking about the fridges not the ice boxes I have one of the ice boxes and I agree these are great but was wondering about the fridges they are doing now
FollowupID: 769798

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 14:56

Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 14:56
Woozle, Think you created some confusion by calling them a Techni Ice Fridge, as apposed to a compressor fridge for example. Yes I saw these too, they look similar to Waeco products. I don't know anymore about them and who makes them etc, 2 year nationwide warranty sounds good, I'd like to know what compressor they use etc?
FollowupID: 769802

Follow Up By: Joseph C3 - Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 08:44

Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 08:44
Hi Terra
Yeah we know the techni ice iceboxes hold ice for ages .. we've got some at work and they seem to work . Im interested to know about the fridges too. http://www.techniice.com/2011/iceboxes/index_iceboxes_car_fridges.asp

hey claim it goes to -25 degrees and it has a Domus compressor.i know Waecoo use that domus compressor on some models and dafoss on the rest. Although Techni ice are Good in Quality i would prefer love to hear from someone who has a Techniice Fridge because its like half the prce of a waecoo

If you happen to buy one pls keep me postedFridge feedback pls
FollowupID: 770069

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:45

Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:45
I sent them an email asking some questions and didnt get an answer, so for the moment I wouldnt touch them. Wanted to know who did their warranty work etc?
FollowupID: 770071

Follow Up By: Joseph C3 - Sunday, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:27

Sunday, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:27
Hi Terra Ive Just bought myself a Techniice 60L Fridge , I Did a bit of shopping around and nothing close . I met a truckie whoz got a 30L one and hasnt had any dramas. I had to delay my trip a bit because they had some delays in getting the stock

First impression : As terra said It looks so similar to the Waecoo , its very obvious they are all made in the same factory , I wont be surprised to find out Waecoo and techniice have some sort of deal. For 600 bucks i got a Free Bag and adaptor for the mains , a lunch cooler with some techniice gel stuff.

Something i noticed is that the new fridges now have a light , I called them for the warranty details and they have sent me their list of service agents across Australia . They seem to use the same agents in all states .Ive tested the fridge over the last 2 days on 240v and its good. I still wish to test the current draw on coz they claim 1.65 Amph and it seems to freezer really quick. Im finally leaving on my holiday. Cheers
FollowupID: 771533

Sponsored Links