Dowling Track Travel Time

Submitted: Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 13:49
ThreadID: 97809 Views:1562 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Heading up to Innaminka in a couple of weeks time, via the Dowling Track from Bourke to Thargomindah and trying to get an idea of how long it may take to travel the 380km journey.
We're hoping that if we make good time we will push on to Noccundra to camp by the river for the night.
We'll be in two fully fitted out Prados.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 14:00

Monday, Sep 03, 2012 at 14:00
We dove from Hungerford to Kilcowera Station one day (Actually Cunnamulla/Hungerford/Kilcowera that day) and got caught in rain so we ploughed through inches of mud. Two days later with no more rain Kllcowera to Thargomindah had dried out and was quite good - 80 kph most of the way. Can't help you with Bourke to Hungerford but it should be OK. Prados don't need to slow for corrugations do they? If you are around Hungerford at lunch time the historic pub (The Royal Mail - old Cobb & Co depot) does a very good steak sandwich.
It's a good drive. Enjoy it. If you think Noccundra is a bit far, Kilcowera Station has a superb bush camp area beside a large water hole at a modest price. Toni & Greg are great hosts.
Cheers
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 494172

Follow Up By: DOBBO60 - Tuesday, Sep 04, 2012 at 09:42

Tuesday, Sep 04, 2012 at 09:42
Thanks Kevin,
I recall reading your blog on the trip some months ago.

I still haven't managed to get a definitive answer, hopefully someone can chip in and give me an idea although I'm guessing maybe 5 hours or so.

At the very least we have to get to Thargo as we have to meet up with several other cars that are heading down to the Pradopoint GTG in the Bendleby Ranges.

Cheers,
FollowupID: 769843

Reply By: Member - peter & dawn m (QLD) - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 08:49

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 08:49
you will be traveling thru what i consider to be some very beautiful country ,take your time some bloody lovely country to see & visit out there & just off the main rd,s swampy
AnswerID: 494282

Sponsored Links