Review: Splinter Probe

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 04, 2012 at 19:59
ThreadID: 97834 Views:1938 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

Damn firewood and pesky splinters! And there is never a pin when you need it! This little beauty is just what you need in the first aid kit. And I reckon that teamed with an Alco-wipe the splinter probe is reusable too.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: KevinE - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:13

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:13
Hi Berylvt,

I have a first aid kit that came with lots of these in it. I have to agree, they're pretty good! I managed to get the prickles off a Barbary bush into my hands (through my gloves) earlier this year & the splinter probe was the only way I could get them out.

I've never tried cleaning them though, I just use them & throw them away. I might have to try that! ;)

Cheers,

Kevin.
AnswerID: 494307

Reply By: Member - Josh- Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 23:13

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 23:13
Another useful item is a product called "magnoplasm" It is a drawing cream. We used it for deep splinters ect. When we were at 80 mile beach we gave some to a lady who had a large splinter which was infected badly. The next morning she showed us a 1 inch splinter that came out of her wrist with the cream. Don't go anywhere with out it.

Josh
AnswerID: 494339

Follow Up By: Member - Joe F (WA) - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 00:23

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 00:23
G'day Folks
Firewood and splinters are almost made for one another, one quick and painless way of preventing pain when gathering firewood ~ Riggers Gloves ~ they are strong and relatively cheep to buy from any hardware outlet and the gloves are good enough for general fire side duties.

Safe travels :
FollowupID: 769997

Follow Up By: Holden4th - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 20:04

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 20:04
This is the safest way of getting splinters out. Using a splinter pick can lead to a lot more infection and I know of one person who had to have thumb amputated. While magnoplasm is probably very good, antiseptic cream on the splinter and covered with a bandaid will act as a poultice and draw the splinter to the surface while keeping the area infection free
FollowupID: 770043

Sponsored Links