Hi Pressure cleaners

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 13:24
ThreadID: 97847 Views:1530 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Good mornig all, Just looking for a bit of insight information on Hi Pressure cleaners, I have had a brand from Bunnings for a quite a few years now and every time I use it, it blows the power headand I have to go and get it repiared and at $190.00 a go I have come to the end of my tether with this particular brand it is a yellow one. I am looking at replacing it with some thing with the same pressure, and a bit more robust,does anyone out there have some ideas on what to replace it with I use it mianly for cleaniing the Van and 4x4 after fishing trips, Looking forward to your input. thank you.
Broodie H3
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Niss42 - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 13:45

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 13:45
Try contacting the maker and explaining the ongoing problem.
If it's a "K*******" brand I am sure they will help.
I've had one for years, no problem apart from plastic wheels wearing out which I replaced with a solid axle and tyred steel wheels.

Cheers,
Barry
AnswerID: 494299

Reply By: bluefella - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:05

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:05
G'day Broodie
i got a Gernie(brand name) from bunnings,
model details are classic 125.2 great pressure good unit.
AnswerID: 494306

Reply By: GimmeeIsolation - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:31

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:31
I have the "yellow one" but bought a model a bit more heavy duty, and it has a brass head.
If you read the fine print on the manufacturers website, some of the lower cost models are suppose to "have a rest" and are I think it was about 20 minutes maximum washing at a time with the alloy head models. Maybe ? that is contributing to your problem but as your only doing your car/van and boat your probably not running this long.
I bought the heavier duty model as I was living in North Queensland at the time and only had a rain water tank for water so had to wash the large house roof frequently and all the concreted areas so was advised by the dealer for the extra running time to get the brass head model, it was also the type we used at the minesite for prolonged Earth Moving Equipment washing.
Maybe take a break/have a coldie halfway through the job ?
The other "green one" is also good and can have problems too.
Best of luck.
AnswerID: 494309

Sponsored Links