Yowah Tourist Centre

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 14:34
ThreadID: 97850 Views:2231 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Well here we are again Col and Georgie at the Artesian Waters Caravan Park what a pair of gems thanks for all your help storing my gear. To all those contemplating going to Yowah just do it what a great place and people this is what outback Australia is all about hospitality. Thursday nights col and georgie put on a 3 course meal for $15 bucks what a great meal it is byo grog also has great entertainment. Gte around to Chris Nebitts and have a look at the nut cracker and around to Avons place for wholesale opals. Go out on the field and fossick for your own opal who knows.Well thats it for now but seriously it is worth the effort Cheers from Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AdrianLR - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 17:31

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 17:31
Absolutely agree with everything you've said! My son and I spent a couple of very wet days in the cabins in early July. There are lots of places where being cooped up would be unbearable but not in Yowah. Still haven't got around to polishing the opals we found.

Adrian
AnswerID: 494314

Follow Up By: Peter R11 - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 12:21

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 12:21
hi adrian yes mate what a great spot my wife and i broke down there in june and col and georgie were brilliant met most of the towns people and they are all great greg was very helpful introduced us to avon where we got some great opal at good wholesale prices have just been back again and we will be going again next year when wife has holidays i also have an opal mine in white cliff nsw so will now split my time
cheers pete
FollowupID: 770020

Follow Up By: AdrianLR - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:31

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:31
A mine in White Cliffs -wow! Again my middle son and I were there a couple of years ago and it's still our favourite opal field. Staying in the the Underground Motel and finding some very nice pieces have left a lasting memory.

So far we've been to WC, Andamooka, Stuart Creek, Coober Pedy, Opalton and Yowah. A few more to go.

Adrian

FollowupID: 770033

Sponsored Links