Horizontal Jerry Can Holders for Caravan

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 11:50
ThreadID: 97914 Views:3189 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
The spare tyre mounted in the centre of the bumper on the back of my Coromal off road pop top and the swept up back to provide a good departure angle doesn't allow space for a normal vertical jerry can holder to be mounted without partially obscuring the tail light cluster. But a jerry can on its back fits neatly.
So does any one know of a supplier of a holder that will hold the jerry can in the horizontal position? The only one that I have been able to find is the Rhino unit that is designed to go on a roof rack. I have still to look at one to see if it will do the job but am interested in other suppliers or suggestions.
And for the safety conscious, the jerry cans will be used for extra water.
Thanks.
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mikee5 - Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 15:27

Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 15:27
Hi Kevin,

No I can't help you with the jerry can holders, sorry. I have a Royal Flair off roader similar to the Coromal so I would offer the following for consideration only: When I told the manufacturer I wanted a folding boat trailer on the back as well as the spare wheel, he said the rear bar was designed for only the spare wheel as it was configured with two mounting bars bolted to the chassis. He said anything more would need three mounting bars, with an extra one in the centre. Considering the weight and movement at the back of the van it made sense, so we agreed to the heavier constructed rear bar.

Mike.
AnswerID: 494575

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 15:51

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 15:51
Thanks Mike. I don't know if I have the same issues but I don't think so.I'll just keep on looking.
Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 770281

Sponsored Links