G'day

Submitted: Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 14:22
ThreadID: 97941 Views:2177 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
The prodigal son has returned to the fold. A quick g'day from an old member who has seen the error of his ways and rejoined after an absence of quite a few years.

I'd taken up the bad habit of lurking around in the background so decided I should step up to the mark and restore my membership.

Hooroo for now
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 17:42

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 17:42
So you've come back in from the dark side aye. LOL
Good on you Rosco, welcome back.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 494647

Follow Up By: Member - Rosco from way back - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 18:16

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 18:16
Thanks cobber

A pleasure to be back, though I hope the tuck shop bitchiness and kindy capers of yesteryear are well and truly history. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got thoroughly sick of it all at the time.

Cheers

Rosco
FollowupID: 770286

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 19:03

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 19:03
Mate if you have been lurking in the background you would have seen that it is a much more subdued site than it was on occassions in the past.

A better class of manners and perhaps A bit less testosterone.
A few more girls on here lifting the tone of the place as well.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 770291

Follow Up By: Member - Rosco from way back - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 19:32

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 19:32
Thanks Bruce

My lurkings have only been somewhat recent in nature, though I have noticed a significant improvement in manners in general which is a welcome change.

I certainly have fond memories of both good natured forum based banter and face to face contact with other members.

No doubt that aspect remains and I look forward to a more active involvement.

Cheers

Rosco
FollowupID: 770294

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 19:37

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 19:37
G'day Rosco,

Welcome back. Glad that you have given up 'lurking in the background'.

regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 494653

Follow Up By: Member - Rosco from way back - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:14

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:14
Thanks Heather

I'm sure I'll enjoy my "lurk free" status.

Cheers

Rosco
FollowupID: 770297

Follow Up By: Member - Rosco from way back - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:15

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:15
When I figure out the profile bit i.e. ;o))
FollowupID: 770298

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 02:19

Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 02:19
Hi Rosco

I am a relative new comer to the site having sat in the background reading other peoples posts for a few years.

I have always resisted online forums of any kind, including facebook and twitter etc. I finally decided to become a member because of the lack of "the tuck shop bitchiness and kindy capers" and the openness that 'members' are prepared to exhibit on this site. The wealth of information that people are prepared to share is incredible.

Sure there is the Toyota/Nissan and 4WD/Softroader type rivalry - but name a campsite anywhere that it doesn't come up! Difference here is that it is usually in good humour - both given and taken.

Look forward to reading some of your posts.

BTW noticed you have a UEV 490 - mine arrives on 15 December (I'm like a 6 year old at Christmas). Would love to know what you think of it, any issues etc

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 494670

Follow Up By: Member - Rosco from way back - Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 09:44

Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 09:44
Thanks for the welcome Anthony.

You're correct about the old Tojo/Nissan friendly banter and I'm sure you can imagine what I copped, given that I was a Landy driver at the time. Never mind, I simply put it down to the ramblings of the hordes of the great unwashed LOL.

Re the 490, I'm sure you're keen as mustard. We've had ours for quite a while now (it was No. 4 on the import list). As a result there were a few minor issues to be ironed out, but as has been said by many other happy campers, Dan and the boys can't do enough to ensure you're happy with their product.

No particular issues that I can think of, other than the canvas arrangement over the kitchen area, which leaves a bit to be desired in wet weather, though I believe the lads are working on that particular issue.
FollowupID: 770324

Sponsored Links