Rudall River NP Distances

Hello all. Im looking at doing this NP on my motorbike in the near future. I am wanting to know if someone can give me some rough estimates on distances as Im having trouble finding the info I want.

I would be coming from Newman doing South to North into the NP. What I would like to know is, starting fully fuelled in jigalong, how many kms would I roughly expect to do heading along the Talawana Track, up into the National Park and doing some of the top sites in the Park (I know that is vague, im just after ball park) and then returning to Jigalong for fuel before heading back to Newman.

Obviously being on a bike I dont have the range of a 4wd. I figure I have a range of about 600kms on sealed road, less offroad. I can squeeze a little bit more out of it if i need to. From what i have very roughly worked out I would do approx 600 kms just to do Jigalong-DQB return, let alone any other detours. Dpoes that seem about right?.

Anyway, just fact finding at the moment, nothing confirmed yet.

As far as doing this in warmer weather, the remoteness, water, food etc, I have done a number of remote summer trips through Australia solo. I feel I am aware of the risks involved and plan accordingly. Well, as much as you can plan when on a bike on your own.

Thanks.
Grant
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wizzer73 - Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:25

Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:25
Hey Grant

Found this trip report on the advrider site. It may help you.linky

wizzer
AnswerID: 494681

Follow Up By: grunta1970 - Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:50

Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:50
Thanks wizzer
FollowupID: 770342

Reply By: Derek Jones - Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 17:23

Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 17:23
Hema's Pilbara map includes a section on the Rudall River (Karlamilyi NP). Recommend you grab that map. Sorry cannot be more help as the map is in the Cruiser which is in town at the moment.
AnswerID: 494712

Follow Up By: grunta1970 - Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 21:26

Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 21:26
Thanks Derek. That was another point I wanted to bring up at some stage-maps. I have struggled in the past to find decent maps for motorbike use. I have book maps for my 4wd which are fine, they dont get hammered, unlike the maps i buy for bike use. Usually maps I get for the bike fall apart in no time due to all the folding and unfolding. Map books are too big and heavy for the bike. I have to admit though that the maps i have purchased in the past for bike use havent been Hema products
FollowupID: 770369

Sponsored Links