Bowral/Southern Highlands tracks

Submitted: Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 17:41
ThreadID: 9796 Views:6258 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
Got a work conference in Bowral in a couple of weeks time. Looking for some pointers as to where to go for a day trip. Would like to get the fleet of Pajeros and directors Sahara dirty. I'm not fussy about mine so the more mud the better.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stillthinkinaboutit - Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 18:49

Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 18:49
Maybe try the caves to caves trek or at least part of it, Wombeyan to Jenolan.

Regards, Mark
AnswerID: 43261

Reply By: Lyds - Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 22:00

Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 22:00
just the winding trip to the Wombeyan caves and back will give the power steering a workout and get you dirty as well.

You could also continue your conference at the River Island Retreat - you'll certainly get to know each other a bit better.Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
AnswerID: 43285

Reply By: terryo - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:47

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:47
fatz
The river island retreat has it's own 4wd tracks.
I havn't been there myself but a couple of girls from work have and tried out the tracks.
And you will really get to know your co workers.
terry
AnswerID: 43332

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 19:51

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 19:51
Hey... stop taking the mickey out of River Island....Im a regular there but no one knows me when I'm out of my gear.....maybe no one wants to KNOW me. I'm thinking of forming a club for naturist 4x4 driving....but if you got into a hair raising situation you'd have problems when a change of undies was called for.
AnswerID: 43362

Follow Up By: Lyds - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 23:15

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 23:15
Rick,

Over the new year we (me, wife, 2 kids) travelled up the Murray from Albury to Mildura. We were in Echuca on the 31st Dec and started looking for somewhere to stay in our tent. We popped in at a couple of caravan parks but they were full, so we started ringing around - and everything else was full. We finally got onto a place called River Valley, and after some uming and ahing they said they could "squeeze" us in - beauty! - they said as they're out of town to go to the Information Centre to get some directions.

Well we get to the centre, and it turns out to be River Valley Naturist Resort - we think thats fine we like nature too - but then it clicked - I turned to the girl and said "I guess the naturist bit means clothing optional" - all she could do to not crack up was to nod. LMAO.

We found a great spot in Cohuna :-)
Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
FollowupID: 305687

Sponsored Links