Swift Caravan Cook top and Griller

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 17:35
ThreadID: 97981 Views:6221 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any dealings with the manufacturers of Swift500 Series Cook tops.
We have a problem with the griller, have send Swift 2 emails over a period of 3 weeks via their website.
We have also tried to phone them but their phone rings out
They appear to be another company which ignors after sales service, or have they gone broke.
Any advise on how to get in touch with this company would be appreciated. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Allan C (VIC) - Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 19:51

Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 19:51
Hi George,
We have a Swift 500 Series Oven and Cooktop in our van and we were having trouble getting the oven up to temperature. I left a message on their web page under 'contact us' and a gentleman rang within a day or two and told us what was needed to fix the problem and even posted the new part to us at no cost - even though our van is over 3 years old. We are very happy with their service and certainly didn't find them difficult to contact.
Cheers
AnswerID: 494775

Follow Up By: Boofmann - Thursday, Oct 04, 2012 at 22:11

Thursday, Oct 04, 2012 at 22:11
Hi Allan,

The Swift 500 Series oven/cooktop in our van is only just out of warranty. Since new, we have been unable to correctly regulate the temperature, with the result the Perth service rep last week replaced the thermostat before the end of the warranty period. When using an oven temperature guage we are still unable to get the oven temperature to the same as the setting on the dial. Given that we have a new thermostat, I am interested to learn what the 'new part' is that Swift sent you.

Regards,

Peter
FollowupID: 771801

Reply By: hazo - Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 21:17

Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 21:17
George
We too have a Swift cooker in our new (3 month old) 5'er.

My wife did some cheese toasties and the control knobs above the griller at the front melted !
I tried to contact Swift and finally got a young lady who said she would pass on the message to the technical dept. and they would ring me.

Well after week I contacted them again and was again promised a return call.No joy again !

I then rang my rv manufacturer and explained the situation and they gave me a direct contact number for the technical dept.

I rang straight away and explained the fault and was sent out a new set of knobs and asked to return the old one's for testing.

The new knobs get very hot too, my wife now is scared to use it on high in case the knobs melt again.

We are fulltime on the road so am waiting till I get back to Perth then will get the stove checked out as I feel something is definitely wrong with the griller.

The tech guys name is Fabio and his number is 0409 025 122.

Good luck.
AnswerID: 494779

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 22:23

Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 22:23
Thanks Hazo,
I will give them a call tomorrow and let you know how I got on.
Cheers
FollowupID: 770440

Sponsored Links