Thieves and low life

Submitted: Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 19:40
ThreadID: 9800 Views:1397 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
It appears that thieves and low life are alive and well. On a recent camping trip I slipped out for a counter lunch at the local with the missus and on our return it was apparent that the annex of the caravan had been disturbed. A quick look around and I thought I was lucky this time as I found nothing taken until the next day when it became obvious that all was not well. It seems that these lowlife took
s--t from no one as they only stole the plastic cap off the lower compartment of our porta potti.

Its a Passport model 38 no longer available and I've tried everywhere I can think of for a replacement cap. Nothing that I've tried has come close to fitting. I dont want to throw out a perfectly good Loo because of this. Help, any suggestions on how to overcome my problem would be greatly appreciated, I have even toyed with the idea of making one out fiberglass.
Rowdy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 21:23

Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 21:23
Talk about bleep house thieves.....
AnswerID: 43275

Reply By: Blackie - Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 22:13

Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 22:13
That thief who knocked off your cap had probably looked everywhere for one as well.
AnswerID: 43288

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 21:59

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 21:59
Rowdy, I was just wondering where you were camping when all this happened, just so in future anyone else goes there we can be prepared for what might happen. Have you rang the loo company direct? Another model dunny cap might fit yours.......................just a thought.
KarenKind Regards
Karen & Geoff
(Happy holidaying)
AnswerID: 43383

Follow Up By: Rowdy - Sunday, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:35

Sunday, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:35
Hi Karen
It was in the Albury area, cant remember the name of the caravan park. I suspect it may have been kids who thought it would be a good prank.
The passport Loo is no longer imported and was originally bought from Norman Ross, also gone bellyup or bought out. If I'm unsucessful in making one from fiberglass I guess I'll have to toss it buy a new one.
Rowdy
FollowupID: 305707

Sponsored Links