grey water

Submitted: Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 09:05
ThreadID: 98008 Views:2383 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
gooday just picked up our first van,how do you connect the grey water hose to the outlet
thanks in advance
tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 09:40

Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 09:40
Some of them have a push on rubber adapter. Personally I always add a threaded connector to the outlet from the van and Grey water hose.

The important thing is not to restrict the flow of water if you only have the one outlet as if you restrict it then it can back up into the shower when you empty the sink.

Most of the newer vans have a non return valve arrangement to prevent this but not all I understand.
AnswerID: 494846

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:44

Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:44
What van do you have? There is no standard outlet connector or number of outlets on vans. Do you have 1, 2 or 3 outlets. Is/are the outlets just a plain pipe, what diameter?
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 494862

Follow Up By: tony&bron - Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 13:49

Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 13:49
gooday. the van is a supreme territory with a single 45mm id outlet
thanks for any information
tony
FollowupID: 770541

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 15:20

Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 15:20
Tony, you don't have anything yet to connect a hose to. You will need to decide if you are going to use 25 mm or larger hose. Most of us use 25 mm. Then you need to decide if you want barb or screw connectors to join your hoses.

Barb joiners are much cheaper than the threaded ones but more difficult to use, particularly for the navigator. You have to wrestle one of the barbs into the hose each time you want to join them. I have a 1" thread on the end of my sullage pipe and water directors on one end of each hose. On the other hose end I have a nut and tail. I find these much easier to use than the barb joiners.

To connect the hoses to the waste pipe you will have to finish it off. You will need an adaptor to glue onto the end of the pipe with a 1" female thread to take a hose fitting. If you are going with barbs you need this one. If you are going the screw way then you need a joiner with 1" male threads on each end. You can get these bits from your friendly local plumbing suppliers. I could not get all these bits from my local Bummings.

Once you have done all that you are in business. I have cut my hoses into 3 metre pieces for easier handling. I just join the required number to suffice. The shorter ones are easier to roll up, when rolled I join the ends together to prevent the water from dripping into the boot. If you intend to use larger hose then up the size of the fittings I have specified.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 770547

Follow Up By: tony&bron - Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 18:45

Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 18:45
thanks Peter you have been a great help
tony
FollowupID: 770642

Sponsored Links