Lido Stove

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 at 16:42
ThreadID: 98090 Views:1551 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just bought a low pressure 2.75kpa Lido stove to use with my regulated low pressure system on my camper, I have external 7kpa bayonets fitted and want to run it off a 3m hose to a better location ( but not inside), the stoves manual said to use a maximum length hose of 1200mm, can anyone explain why as I don't really want to run another bayonet fitting underneath.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 at 17:13

Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 at 17:13
Gday
I think you will find that the hose length is only supposed to be maximum 1.2m long, so put a copper pipe in the system to make up the length.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 495169

Follow Up By: rags - Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 at 17:49

Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 at 17:49
You will find your bayonet is also only 2.75kpa as the pressure to these will be governed by the bottle regulator, the 7kpa is only a maximum rating for the bayonet ,a pressure that you may find when fitted on a natural gas supply.
As to the use of hose,while the max length may be 1,2m , if you where not to put a hard plumbed connection point in, [the preferred idea] then using an extended hose is not going to create an issue to the stoves except the obvious issue of tripping,snagging the hose. It is what i do when i use the lido stove on my camp/cargo trailer. but then i am a lazy gasfitter when it comes to my own projects !
FollowupID: 770843

Follow Up By: Member - Foot - Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 at 18:39

Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 at 18:39
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! I just tried it out with a short hose and then the 3m hose with no obvious difference with all burners on. The idea was to have a portable stove to hook up to the existing bayonets on both sides of the camper to get out of the wind if needed, it also allows me to set it up closer to the body of the camper rather than being permanently fixed on the end of a slide out drawbar, which now can be modified as an extra pantry drawer, the chief cook will be happy!
FollowupID: 770849

Sponsored Links