Wiring LVD30 to Fridge

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 20, 2012 at 14:32
ThreadID: 98137 Views:3238 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
In an effort to increase my battery's lifespan I purchased a Projecta LVD30 (Low Voltage Diisconnect). All looked good with 4 different voltage options.

Without reading the manual (I am a guy) I soldered into Anderson connections and inserted between the Evakool and the Thumper. Nothing.

All else fails - RTFM.Well I'm now a bit mystified as to how I should connect this thing.

Wiring diagram:

(This doesn't want to display but can be seen here:
Projecta LVD30 Wiring diagram

Looks like the the little yellow wire (which I assumed was the output earth) needs to go to 12V positive.

I think I can solder this in with the 12V positive input, but to give the Evakool earth I think I'll need to split the black earth cable and solder into both negative Anderson connections.

I know a few guys use these so thought rather than waste more time soldering and resoldering should just ask!

Thanks
tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Sep 20, 2012 at 15:24

Thursday, Sep 20, 2012 at 15:24
Tony,

Way i read the wiring diagram, that yellow wire goes to the ignition, so when you switch off, it disconnects the LVD thingy, Don't know if the LVD consumes any standby current?

Why not solder a 6mm wire between the 2 Anderson plugs, and just solder the LVD earth to the plug on the battery side.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 495309

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Thursday, Sep 20, 2012 at 17:02

Thursday, Sep 20, 2012 at 17:02
Tony, as Bob said, the yellow wire is connected to the ignition circuit in order to switch the LVD30, and the fridge, off when the ignition is off.

If you want the fridge to run even with the ignition off then the yellow wire needs to be connected to 12V+ in together with the red wire. The LVD30 will still disconnect the fridge load below the set voltage.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 495313

Follow Up By: tonydav - Friday, Sep 21, 2012 at 08:37

Friday, Sep 21, 2012 at 08:37
Thanks guys. You've confirmed what I thought. Yes, I'm plugging it into a Thumper battery so want it running all times, so will run it off the thumper positive.
FollowupID: 770999

Sponsored Links