What happened to the "Sub Woofer " thread ?

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 22, 2012 at 21:20
ThreadID: 98178 Views:2214 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
Greetings all

Browsing through the threads today I read somebody's request about what sub woofer you can put in a ute. The replies I read did nothing but bag the person about "the people on this website go bush to enjoy the quietness of outback travel "Well that is fair enough as I do the same when I'm miles from civilisation but I didn't see the need for people on this great site to reply with obnoxious comments when they don't know the reason behind the poster's question ! They didn't say whether they wanted to use the speaker on "well 23" on the Canning or at Poepels Corner or even on the Jardine Ferry - maybe they just wanted to use it whilst they are in the city they live in !

I don't see it as any more a stupid question than the hundreds of even dumber questions posted on here about "where is a good campsite ? " - what might be a great campsite to me might be a "I'll never camp here again " campsite to somebody else. Or - my pet hate on this site is when someone asks "what is the track condition like ? " - If I'm driving a HJ 75 Cruiser with a 5 inch lift running 35"s the track to me is a bitumen road but for somebody driving a 15 year old Jeep Cherokee it would be like driving the Ganges !

I have been reading posts and articles on this wonderful site for years but there is one thing that seems to stand out more than anything else in that there is a percentage of members and non members that think that they know it all and everybody else should be like them !

Lighten up people !!!!

I own and run an Outback 4wd tour business and have driven over 5 million kilometres in and around this big brown land in all different sorts of vehicles and I STILL don't think I know it all !

Happy travelling to you all !!!

Cheers

Gazz

Ps - my footy team lost today and possibly I'm a wee bit cranky so be a little sympathetic with your replies

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - wadams - Saturday, Sep 22, 2012 at 22:47

Saturday, Sep 22, 2012 at 22:47
Here, here Gazz.
I agree with you. Used to do a mail run over 50,000k per year on all dirt roads in outback far north Queensland and run a homestay and tourist park plus do tours out to an outback gorge. We used to have a 'show' once a year and the council always graded the road the week before the show. You wouldn't believe the amount of tourists that came into town that complained how bad the road was.
It is all relative eh!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 495443

Follow Up By: Member - wadams - Saturday, Sep 22, 2012 at 22:49

Saturday, Sep 22, 2012 at 22:49
PS. My footy team lost too Gazz. Maybe I'm just going out in sympathy with you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 771070

Reply By: ModSquad - Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 02:40

Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 02:40
Hello

Thread was moderated because OP was deemed to have breached forum rules regarding "The Advertising/Self-Promotion Rule".

Appreciate you did not realise this but it is also against forum rules to “retaliate” to moderated threads (The Moderation Complaints Rule). If you are upset over the handling of a moderated post, respond to the moderators using email (not online) and state your case politely.

This thread will be locked for a while so forum users get the picture and then it will be removed.

Cheers
The ModSquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 495449

Sponsored Links