headlights for 80 series

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 16:04
ThreadID: 98193 Views:1439 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi guys ,i was wonderring if anyone could give me some feed back on replacing the headlights on my `97 80series... the reflectors have lost their " silvery reflectivness" so to speak ... can i get new reflectors ,, possibly aftermarket or even new. cheer stev871
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Shane D (QLD) - Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 16:58

Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 16:58
I bought some replacement hella (I think) lights from rep** that took h1 type globes, mine came with sealed beamed ex factory, it cost a bit at the time but gave me excellent lights especially on low beam even using 60/100 watt globes. This option allowed me to buy replacement globes when needed.
I took my time making up my mind before purchasing but when your mates sit in the passenger seat shining torch's out the windscreen, well, enough is enough.

Shane
AnswerID: 495483

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 17:53

Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 17:53
Steve,

A mate got a me a pair of IPF inserts for the high beam(inner) to fit H1 globes. Also put in an upgraded headlight loom, to help with higher wattage globes.

Night driving was a little better, until I put in a set of H1 HID globes & ballasts. Huge difference, with good spread and reasonable depth of view. They were so good I took thedriving lights off, and didn't miss them much either.

Hella make good inserts as well.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 495487

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Monday, Sep 24, 2012 at 20:21

Monday, Sep 24, 2012 at 20:21
Hi Steve 871,

I put sealed beam headlights in mine.

They aren't super bright but I really like the light they put out. I still have my 225mm spotties for when I'm out of town.

The sealed beam lights stop water getting into the lenses and wrecking the reflector.
I did have one blow when I drove into cold water with them on just after I got them.

They wor for me,

Steve
AnswerID: 495570

Sponsored Links